Software Engineer, Planning and Control - Autonomy
Lyft, Palo Alto, CA
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one
- Work on core planning and control algorithms such as routing, behavior planning, trajectory planning, feedback controllers, etc.
- Develop state-of-the-art algorithms for planning under uncertainty using stochastic optimization techniques with linear and non-linear objective functions
- Develop behavioral reasoning framework to support navigation in complex traffic scenarios, such as lane changes, merges, double-parked vehicles, and blind turns
- Develop functionally safe systems that fail gracefully and safely exit traffic when difficult situations arise
- Implement real-time algorithms on CPU/GPU in C++
- Build tools and infrastructure to verify and evaluate the performance of the planner/controller over time
Experience & Skills:
- Ability to produce production-quality C++
- Strong background in artificial intelligence, robotics, algorithms, and data structures
- Ability to build applications for robot path planning using a broad range of tools such as numerical optimization, feedback control, system modeling, etc
- Ability to develop safety critical navigation systems for low-latency compute platforms
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science / Electrical Engineering or related field
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and collaborate across teams and disciplines
- Openness to new / different ideas. Ability to evaluate multiple approaches and choose the best one based on first principles
Nice to Have:
- 2+ years experience working in a related role
- 5+ years developing in C++
- Hands on experience with building a navigation stack for mobile robots, from high-level route planning on road graphs and behavioral reasoning to trajectory generation and low-level feedback control
- Experience with robot path planning techniques like energy functions, behavior trees, jerk minimization, stochastic optimization, etc.
- Experience with traffic agent intention modeling
- Experience with GPU programming in CUDA or OpenCL
Wherever you’re headed, count on Lyft for rides in minutes. The Lyft app matches you with local drivers at the tap of a button. Just request and go.
Ride by ride, we’re changing the way our world works.
Want to learn more about Lyft? Visit Lyft's website.
Jobs You May Like
Core Platform Engineer
Fitbit, US - San Francisco
Vice President, Engineering
Quartet, New York, NY
Software Engineer, Back End
Elementum, Elementum HQ
Senior Software Engineer in Test - Encoding Technologies
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Senior Software Engineer
LiveRamp, New York City, NY
Teads, Montpellier, Paris