You're an enthusiastic and experienced app developer looking to take your skills to the next level by joining our awesome Android team.
We build apps used by millions of people, and we take great pride in our work. This means excellent development practices, careful code architecture, and an organization built around rapid releases.
Work happens at our New York City office where you'll work in one of our product teams consisting of 5-8 engineers, UX designers, QA and product managers. Within the teams, backlog groomings, planning meetings, daily standups, demos and retrospectives keep us agile, accountable and reliable.
Continuous integration with automated testing allows us to run a weekly release train. Our beta release process gives us useful insight into user behavior and heavy use of top-notch analytics, A/B testing and feature flagging allows for rapid iteration.
With a strong focus on delightful user experiences, we balance building new features, refactoring code, and tweaking existing features based on analytics data. Every line of code gets reviewed by other developers, every pixel inspected by designers, and every feature hammered on by manual and automated QA.
- Work within our product teams to build new exciting features
- Implement dp perfect designs with advanced animations
- Improve our code base through continuous refactoring
- Solve challenging real-time data transfer and synchronization problems
- Extend and implement our APIs
- Implement unit and integration tests
- Keep up to date with the state-of-the-art of Android development
- B.S./M.S. in Computer Science or the equivalent
- Experience using design and architecture patterns.
- Deep understanding of unit testing.
- Strong knowledge of Java, Kotlin or NET.
- Good sense of usability and product.
- 5+ years experience with Android
- Generalist engineer experience. Experience building web services, accessing various data storages.
- Track record of pursuing self directed side projects or open source projects.
- Shipped Android apps, ideally available on Google Play.
Recommended Reading List:
- Refactoring: Improving the Design of Existing Code
- Design Patterns: Elements of Reusable Object-Oriented Software
- The Art of Unit Testing
- Clean Code: A Handbook of Agile Software Craftsmanship
- Patterns of Enterprise Application Architecture
Lyft is an EEO employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce, and pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Wherever you’re headed, count on Lyft for rides in minutes. The Lyft app matches you with local drivers at the tap of a button. Just request and go.
Ride by ride, we’re changing the way our world works.