Strategic Sourcing / Commodity Manager, Autonomous Tech
Lyft, Palo Alto, CA
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one
- Develop commodity supplier sourcing strategy ensuring supplier(s) are capable of meeting Lyft’s current and future technical and business requirements
- Maintain expertise/knowledge of commodity market trends including rigorous analysis of market drivers, cost structures, technical improvements and competitive landscape
- Negotiate key strategic agreements with suppliers to establish best-in-class pricing, flexibility, quality, delivery, payment, warranty, and service terms.
- Identify & achieve savings per benchmark study, VA/VE, competitive bidding, or resourcing etc.
- Drive Early Supplier Involvement initiatives to ensure our commodity suppliers are proactively providing input into new product designs and future product roadmaps
- Establish supplier selection criteria, evaluate alternative suppliers, manage the RFQ process, and drive final supplier selection in partnership with Hardware Engineering
- Lead Total Cost Reduction program to ensure the lowest possible total cost, including product cost, transportation cost, inventory cost, and cost of quality
- Determine appropriate business splits between suppliers where appropriate.
- Provide right recommendation to management, and finalize/release contract/PO
- Travel periodically to supplier’s manufacturing sites
- Other duties as assigned
- 7+ years’ experience working in Strategic Sourcing or Supplier Management in high-tech industry in particular
- 5+ years’ experience in managing mechanical and optical components.
- Experience with product lifecycle beginning with NPI. Knowledge of the various pre-production phases (EVT, DVT and PVT)
- BA/MS Business, Operations, Supply Chain Management, Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- Certification on APICS or CPSM is a plus
- Extensive negotiation experience with global Integrated Circuit and sensors suppliers with a proven track record in cost reduction
- Excellent communication skills with ability to influence cross-functional stakeholders, including C-level, engineering, legal, finance, manufacturing, and logistics
- Ability to be innovative in issues related to strategic sourcing, vendor relations, quality assurance and the associated measurement systems
- Superior analytical skills (i.e. cost modeling, quotation analysis, supplier selection)
- Open-minded self-starter with the ability to adapt, improvise and problem solve.
- Highly organized and detailed oriented while maintaining a high level of urgency to execute
- Comfort with legal frameworks and contract negotiation (development, supply, licensing, and service agreements) skills
Wherever you’re headed, count on Lyft for rides in minutes. The Lyft app matches you with local drivers at the tap of a button. Just request and go.
Ride by ride, we’re changing the way our world works.
Want to learn more about Lyft? Visit https://www.lyft.com/
Jobs You May Like
Senior Erlang Engineer
Grindr, HQ - West Hollywood
Graduate Software Developer - Brisbane 2018
Network Broadcast Engineer
Time Inc., New York, NY
IT Applications Engineer
Snap Inc., Los Angeles, CA
Entry-Level Software Engineer - iOS (Biz Core Team)
Yelp, Hamburg, Germany
Senior Android Engineer (Brooklyn or Remote)
Etsy, Brooklyn, NY