- Drive the structure, implementation, maintenance, and continuous improvement of our privacy and data governance programs globally.
- Provide specialist advice on all aspects of privacy law and regulation, including data protection, data retention, data security and data breach rules.
- Collaborate with and support other key departments within Lyft (e.g., Privacy Engineering, Security, Public Policy, Communications).
- Assist in the continued development and improvement of all aspects Lyft’s privacy compliance program (data transfers, processing, privacy policies, staff training, etc.).
- Partner with Product Counseling and Product teams in reviewing new initiatives for privacy by design considerations and launch readiness.
- Support company engagement with government, industry, and consumer groups on privacy issues.
- Draft and implement internal policies designed to ensure best-in-class privacy practices
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- 6+ years of counseling in data privacy and information security issues in both outside counsel and in-house roles
- Deep subject matter expertise across the privacy law spectrum (e.g., data breach requirements, GDPR, HIPAA)
- Proven experience as a project manager, including working directly with engineering and product teams to deliver cross functional results
- Extraordinary written and verbal communication skills (technical background a plus)
- Strong grasp of cloud-based systems and architecture
- Great interpersonal skills and ability to work well and adapt in a dynamic high-pressure environment
- Ability to think creatively and excitement to approach new emerging technological developments
- Self-motivated with good business judgment
- Forward-thinking and creative, with the confidence to present and advocate for the implementation of ideas to various office locations
- JD and bar admission
- Good sense of humor
Wherever you’re headed, count on Lyft for rides in minutes. The Lyft app matches you with local drivers at the tap of a button. Just request and go.
Ride by ride, we’re changing the way our world works.
Want to learn more about Lyft? Visit https://www.lyft.com/
Jobs You May Like
CB Insights, New York
Sr. Commissions Analyst
Hortonworks, Santa Clara, CA
Production Finance - Associate EMEA
Netflix, Amsterdam, Netherlands
Kickstarter, San Francisco
Senior Accountant, Revenue
Snap Inc., Los Angeles, CA
Instacart, San Francisco