Software Engineering Manager, Infrastructure
Lyft, San Francisco, CA
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one
- Lead engineering teams responsible for our core infrastructure at varying layers of the stack. We are looking to fill a variety of roles so whether you have experience in storage, networking, mobile infrastructure, libraries and SDKs, or stats and logging, we want your expertise!
- Work across Engineering to build relationships with other teams. Use their feedback and understand their goals to build and prioritize a roadmap for your org.
- With the help of your team members, educate Engineering on best practices for building stable and well monitored services. Encourage and enforce the right behaviors to ensure we continue to ship quickly without compromising production stability.
- Mentor and guide the professional and technical development of your team members. Help develop their careers, and assign them to projects tailored to their skill levels, personalities, work styles, and professional goals.
- Build teams that are collaborative, inclusive, and respectful of each other.
- Provide continuous feedback, address underperformance, and recognize the individual strengths and contributions of your team members.
- Create plans for prioritizing technical and resourcing challenges in your organization.
- Maintain a balance between building sustainable, high-impact projects and shipping things quickly.
- Instill a spirit of continuous improvement in the teams’ code, architecture, and processes.
- Work closely with the Lyft recruiting team to hire high potential candidates from diverse backgrounds.
- Own your org’s deliverables and ensure we continue to ship scalable, highly-available products that delight our passengers and drivers.
- You have experience leading engineers at all levels, and you’re skilled at guiding them through their career development. You may have managed managers at some point in your career, though it is not required.
- You are willing to work in either our headquarters in San Francisco, or our office in Seattle. Both locations have a sizable Infrastructure presence!
- You are steadfastly focused on your customers, and preferably have experience working with engineers as customers.
- You have a strong focus on metrics and know how to measure the health of engineering teams.
- You believe in building both teams and products that scale.
- You enjoy working in a collaborative environment, and you’re committed to driving projects to completion creatively.
- You can motivate and instill a strong sense of ownership in your team.
- You have a technical background and are able to contribute to planning and design discussions.
- You have experience guiding teams through planning, prioritization, and execution of work.
- You think ahead and build for the future.
Wherever you’re headed, count on Lyft for rides in minutes. The Lyft app matches you with local drivers at the tap of a button. Just request and go.
Ride by ride, we’re changing the way our world works.