Software Engineer, Growth
Lyft, San Francisco, CA
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one
Work on a product that people love
- Help us build the large-scale, distributed, highly-available, real-time transportation network of the future. Lyft engineers work on projects that will surprise and delight millions of amazing Lyft drivers and passengers.
Work with awesome people
- The team at Lyft is smart, friendly, self-driven, and passionate about the work they do.
Our engineering values
- Every day, your work should improve the lives of Lyft drivers and passengers.
- Leave code better than you found it
- Move fast and move smart: Developers ship code on their first day. We have all the tools and engineering best practices to make shipping code fast and safe (automated testing, CI, realtime monitoring and alerting, autoscaling, etc)
What You'll Do
- Write well-crafted, well-tested, readable, maintainable code. Quickly.
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality and distribute knowledge.
- Share your knowledge by giving brown bags, tech talks, and evangelizing appropriate tech and engineering best practices.
- B.S., M.S., or PhD. in Computer Science or equivalent
- 3+ years of related industry experience
- Experience with object-oriented programming
- Experience working with databases, relational or NoSQL
- Great oral and written communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a startup environment
- Experience with MongoDB or MySQL query optimization
- Experience with scaling and orchestrating AWS deployments
- Experience with real-time technology problems
- Experience working with the Facebook Platform and Google Maps API
- Experience with mobile development
- Previous work with social networks
- Contributions to open source projects
- Passion for sustainability and/or transportation
Wherever you’re headed, count on Lyft for rides in minutes. The Lyft app matches you with local drivers at the tap of a button. Just request and go.
Ride by ride, we’re changing the way our world works.
Want to learn more about Lyft? Visit Lyft's website.
Jobs You May Like
Piktochart, Kuala Lumpur
Principal Security Engineer
Demandbase, San Francisco, CA
Software Engineer, Backend, Operations Technology
Technical Program Manager
Snap Inc., Los Angeles, CA
Repair Technicians (Mobile Phones + Tablets)