Autonomous Vehicles Training Manager
Lyft, Palo Alto
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one
At Lyft, community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
As an Autonomous Training Manager, you’ll play a crucial role in managing the training and compliance of the Lyft Level 5 that physically maintains the safety and effectiveness of our Autonomous Vehicle fleet.
- Monitors training programs and manuals to ensure that they are effective and up-to-date and makes updates as necessary
- Manage a group of Autonomous Vehicles Trainers and Instructional Designers that will be responsible for the instruction and evaluation of operators, trainers and dispatchers
- Reviews existing training materials produced by third parties to determine appropriateness and relevance
- Build tools and dashboards to monitor the quality of training and safety
- Modifies or creates course materials and training manuals to meet specific training needs
- Presents in-person and online training sessions or hires qualified personnel to do so
- Schedules training sessions, organizes information technology and other equipment, and manages course and qualification completion
- Works with managers to address learning issues, instruction problems, or new educational needs regarding specific employees or departments
- Conduct in-depth project management of engineering and operational efforts, and ensure that operational deliverables fulfill requirements and are on schedule
- Organize and guide numerous cross-functional teams (both inside and outside of the operational org.), to ensure that all parties are in clear communication about requirements and execution plans/status
Experience & Skills:
- BA/BS and 4 years of relevant work experience or 8 years of relevant experience in lieu of a degree
- 3 years of management experience in leading small to medium sized teams of 5-50 people
- 3 years of direct experience of working with engineering teams
- Experience in building dashboards and metrics
- SQL, JIRA experience is a plus
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Wherever you’re headed, count on Lyft for rides in minutes. The Lyft app matches you with local drivers at the tap of a button. Just request and go.
Ride by ride, we’re changing the way our world works.
Want to learn more about Lyft? Visit Lyft's website.
Jobs You May Like
Director of Data Services, TPM
Fitbit, San Francisco, CA
Full Stack Engineer
Cloudflare, San Francisco, CA
Software Development Engineer (Front-End)
TUNE, Seattle, WA
SDET (Software Development Engineer in Test)
PlanGrid, San Francisco, CA
Senior Information/Product Security Engineer
Lookout, Bangalore, India
Lead Software Engineer, Mobile AR
Magic Leap, Inc., Sunnyvale, CA, Toronto, ON, Zurich, Switzerland, Plantation, FL (HQ), Culver City, CA, Tel Aviv, Israel