Data Scientist, Safety & Insurance
Lyft, San Francisco
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one
At Lyft, community is who we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
Data is at the heart of how Lyft makes business and product decisions. As a Data Scientist on our Safety & Insurance team, you will collaborate with our Product, Design, Operations, and Engineering teams to make Lyft as safe as possible for our Drivers, Passengers, and the community. You'll build a platform that puts safety front and center for Lyft by designing and running A/B tests on new safety features, working with our Product team to analyze and understand risk factors, and leading initiatives aimed at directly impacting Lyft's long term profitability.
- Set business metrics that measure the health of our products, as well as passenger and driver experience
- Partner with product managers, engineers, marketers, designers, and operators to translate business insights into decisions and action
- Find opportunities for growth and efficiency for Lyft
- Design and analyze product experiments; communicate results and launch decisions
- Develop analytical frameworks to monitor business and product performance
Experience & Skills:
- Degree in a quantitative field like statistics, economics, applied math, operations research or engineering. Advanced degrees are preferred
- 3+ years of industry experience in a data science or analytics role
- Proficiency in SQL - able to write structured and efficient queries on large data sets
- Experience in programming, especially with data science and visualization libraries in Python or R
- Strong oral and written communication skills, and ability to collaborate with cross-functional partners to build the business
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Wherever you’re headed, count on Lyft for rides in minutes. The Lyft app matches you with local drivers at the tap of a button. Just request and go.
Ride by ride, we’re changing the way our world works.
Want to learn more about Lyft? Visit Lyft's website.
Jobs You May Like
Machine Learning Engineer, Infrastructure - San Francisco
TrueAccord, San Francisco, CA
Zuora, San Mateo
Senior Applied Data Scientist - Machine Learning
Wealthfront, Redwood City, CA
Software Engineer, Backend Development
Appier, Taipei, Taiwan
Business Systems Analyst - FP&A Applications
Yelp, San Francisco, CA
Data Engineer - Spark
Red Ventures, Pasadena, California