Firmware Manager, Bikes and Scooters
Lyft, San Francisco
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one
At Lyft, community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
This team is focused on urban transportation and removing congestion, read more here!
Lyft’s engineering team is growing rapidly, and we are looking an embedded engineering manager to help us scale. Our engineers are smart, flexible, and love solving difficult challenges. They look to their managers for organizational transparency, career development, mentorship, and honest feedback. They move fast and ship code to production continuously, relying on their leadership to increase productivity by removing obstacles and keeping processes lean. Our engineering managers are people with varying technical backgrounds and interests -- some are involved in the technical details of their team and others provide general technical direction and oversight. As managers, our job is to keep teams efficient and executing on the right goals. We build teams that are inclusive, helpful, and have a strong sense of ownership for the things they build.
- Deliver high-quality C/C++ code for real-time embedded systems
- Server as a mentor junior engineers
- Write design specifications and participate in hardware and software design reviews
- Participate in hands-on hardware bringup, system debugging, and code optimization
- Analyze and implement solutions for performance bottlenecks
- Partner with electrical engineers, logic designers, software engineers, and roboticists
- Understand and deal well with rapid development cycles; remain flexible and calm in the face of uncertainty.
- Prioritize and lead projects from end to end
Experience & Skills:
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, organizational and leadership skills; ability to inspire team members.
- Technical knowledge of firmware and embedded systems, especially focused on consumer products.
- Knowledge of RTOS embedded system challenges. Support early definition and drive closure of architecture and technical opens.
- Strong background in object oriented design, prioritizing testability, and reusability
- Deep experience working closely with sensors and actuators
- Experience with build schedules, identify critical paths, and maintain throughout execution.
- Experience as a technical leader for five or more years
- Proficiency of operating systems architecture and designs
- Help to instill and foster embedded engineering best practices
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Wherever you’re headed, count on Lyft for rides in minutes. The Lyft app matches you with local drivers at the tap of a button. Just request and go.
Ride by ride, we’re changing the way our world works.
Want to learn more about Lyft? Visit Lyft's website.
Jobs You May Like
Software Engineer - Cloud Foundry
Pivotal Software, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
DevOps Cloud Engineer
Ladders, New York, NY
TradeRev, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Software Engineer - Cloud Foundry
Pivotal Software, Santa Monica, CA
Lead Data Engineer