Hardware Reliability Engineer, Bikes & Scooters
Lyft, San Francisco
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one
At Lyft, community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
Lyft connects people to transportation to change the way we live and get around our communities. Lyft’s Bikes & Scooters team is growing rapidly, and we are looking for amazing Engineers to help us scale. Come be part of a new team at Lyft focused on enabling and empowering a whole new business to deliver at scale.
This exciting role will be focused on hardware solutions to meet our riders last mile needs on Bikes & Scooters.
- Ensure product quality and reliability for New Product Introduction (NPI) as well as sustaining products
- Prepare concise and detailed reliability test plans and reports
- Prioritize tasks to meet challenging deadlines
- Develop new reliability tests, procedures, and specifications
- Analyze experimental data to provide in-depth understanding of design features
- Research technology to understand root causes of test failures
- Provide engineering feedback to multi-disciplinary teams to improve product reliability and drive corrective actions
- Develop and perform environmental and mechanical stress tests including shock, drop, and vibration
- Manage failure analysis activities such as optical microscopy, x-ray or CT scans, scanning electron microscopy, FTIR spectroscopy, and mass spectrometry
- Maintain key relationships with outside testing labs and internal groups, as manufacturing partners, while developing in-house capabilities where needed
- Be responsible for alternate source qualifications for NPI and sustaining products
- Develop in-house engineering and lab capabilities with the advent of future products
- Manage laboratory and analytical equipment
Experience & Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, related field or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of experience in quality and reliability testing including mechanical stress tests, shock/drop/vibration testing and environmental testing
- Experience with materials characterization and analytical techniques (e.g. optical microscopy, X-Ray, SEM/EDS, FTIR, XPS, etc.)
- Experience working with FMEA, DOE, data interpretation and SPC analysis (e.g. Weibull++, JMP) GR&R
- Knowledge of Industry Test Standards (JEDEC, ASTM, IEEE)
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) including emails, preparing slide presentations and presenting technical concepts to multi-disciplinary teams
- Detail oriented and capable of handling multiple assignments at once
- Experience collaborating with Asian manufacturing facilities
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 30%
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Wherever you’re headed, count on Lyft for rides in minutes. The Lyft app matches you with local drivers at the tap of a button. Just request and go.
Ride by ride, we’re changing the way our world works.
Want to learn more about Lyft? Visit Lyft's website.
Jobs You May Like
Software Engineer - Site Reliability
Affirm, San Francisco, CA
Senior Software Engineer, Productivity Engineering
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Software Developer - PHP | MySQL (Launch Engineering)
Tulip Retail, Toronto
German speaking Game Presenter
Staff Modeling Scientist, Inventory Performance