Manager, Business Performance & Planning (West)
Lyft, San Francisco
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one
At Lyft, community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
Lyft’s Business Performance & Planning team has one objective: Hit the Numbers. To do so, we go deep into our markets to unearth the most urgent needs and best opportunities to have an impact. We work across teams to build initiatives and drive actions to deliver business results.
The Sr. Manager, Business Performance & Planning will be the trusted partner to a Global Operations Regional Vice President and work to develop and execute the business plan for their region on a quarterly and ongoing basis. This individual will need to build credibility and influence with peers on the Regional Leadership Team as well as a variety of cross-functional teams in order to deliver business results for his or her region. She or he will deploy and develop their team of analysts to monitor business performance, develop and achieve buy-in on recommendations, and execute on high impact initiatives across teams.
The ideal candidate is able to intuitively understand opportunities for growth in the business and connect the dots between long term strategic planning and highly practical near-term actions to deliver results and build toward a preferred future state. She or he is relentless in pursuit of outcomes and works to achieve ‘BOTH AND’, not ‘either or’.
- Hit the Numbers: Set targets for and deliver business results within your region
- Show the Path: Develop a coherent plan & achieve cross-functional buy-in
- Execute: Launch, track, and adjust initiatives to deliver business results
Experience & Skills
- 5+ years of experience in a combination of strategy and operations roles (business operations, consulting, investment banking, or an equivalent field)
- Responsibility (direct or indirect) for financial results within a business
- People leadership experience and expertise —- care deeply and challenge directly
- Ability to drive cross-functional decision-making and coordinated action
- Outcome-driven approach to developing recommendations and demonstrated ability to develop a story and execution plan to support a strategic vision
- Comfortable presenting to senior executives on a regular basis
- Passion and resourcefulness to solve ambiguous, undefined problems
- MBA from top-tier business school preferred but not required
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Wherever you’re headed, count on Lyft for rides in minutes. The Lyft app matches you with local drivers at the tap of a button. Just request and go.
Ride by ride, we’re changing the way our world works.
Want to learn more about Lyft? Visit Lyft's website.
Jobs You May Like
Partner Services Agent (Spanish Speaking)
DICE, London, Greater London UK
Join Our Talent Community!
Multiply, St. Louis, MO
Partner Engineering Manager
InfluxData, San Francisco
Business Development (Traineeship, German-speaking)
Honeypot GmbH, Berlin
Inventory Partnerships Manager
The Trade Desk, San Francisco, CA, New York, NY, San Jose, CA, Los Angeles, CA
Partner Solutions Senior Associate
SigFig, San Francisco