Mechanical Engineer, Product Design, Bikes & Scooters
Lyft, San Francisco
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one
At Lyft, community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
This team is focused on urban transportation and removing congestion, read more here!
- Derive technical architecture and requirements from product requirements
- Work with Sourcing and Procurement teams to vet supply chain and production partners
- Support design decisions with engineering calculations, research, and experimentation
- Prototype; create quick experimental mock-ups and meticulous mechanical models
- Research technologies and scope development opportunities
- Develop CAD databases and drawing packages, and drive handoff to manufacturers
- Support the build and test product development cycle, travel required
- Test failure analysis and solution validation to complete successful product development
- Conduct field failure analysis and solution evaluation
- Lead large projects from idea to positive execution
- Act on feedback to learn and grow
- Effectively communicate across cross functional teams to achieve results
Experience & Skills:
- BS or MS degree in Mechanical Engineering or related technical field, and 5+ years of related industry experience
- Strong foundation in mechanical engineering fundamentals, including solid mechanics, electromagnetics, thermodynamics, and knowledge of basic engineering materials and manufacturing processes
- Experience in performing tolerance analyses and working through DFM challenges with external vendors
- Proactive problem solving, with experience in failure analysis, root cause investigation, and DOE creation
- Skilled in 3D CAD, Basic GD&T knowledge and experience releasing 2D drawings
- Working knowledge of FEA principles
- Track-record for successfully shipping product
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Wherever you’re headed, count on Lyft for rides in minutes. The Lyft app matches you with local drivers at the tap of a button. Just request and go.
Ride by ride, we’re changing the way our world works.