Product Design Manager
Lyft, San Francisco, CA
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one
At Lyft, community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
- Manage, mentor and inspire a team of product designers, providing design direction and pushing the quality of the design work
- Push the boundaries of your team’s UX/UI/visual execution and try new ideas. Be able to think “Blue Sky” and explore divergent concepts and create trajectory for the company
- Influence product strategy and lead your team in executing design work with a high level of polish, and understand how to solve a range of tactical & contained issue to much more complex, loosely defined product challenges across all digital platforms: iOS, Android, web, and email
- Know how to lead and represent your team effectively, substantiate the work and the decisions behind them, and be an advocate for user-centered design
- Build relationships with cross functional team members and executives across organizations, and effectively speak to process, design goals and team vision as a strong representative of the design studio
- Step change productivity and accelerate team efficiency by improving processes and workflows with the design team and cross functional teams
Experience & Skills:
- Background in product design (UX/UI), with a focus on mobile
- Ability to think big and understand complex feature sets
- A track record of leading design teams through successful product launches across iOS, Android, and mobile web
- Strong information design experience with a solid foundation in UX design heuristics
- Experience recruiting, hiring, and retaining multi-disciplinary design teams
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Deep knowledge and applied experience in graphic design (layout, typography, color)
- Applied experience with design tools: Sketch, Illustrator, Photoshop
- Applied experience with prototyping tools: Framer, Principle, Origami, HTML/CSS/JS, After Effects, Swift
- Superb attention to detail
- Ability to work well on an ego-free, highly collaborative, and cross-functional team
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Wherever you’re headed, count on Lyft for rides in minutes. The Lyft app matches you with local drivers at the tap of a button. Just request and go.
Ride by ride, we’re changing the way our world works.