Software Engineer, Lyft Business
Lyft, San Francisco
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one
At Lyft, community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
Lyft needs experienced engineers from a breadth of disciplines. Our team has a history of enabling rich and creative features that set the standard for the ride sharing industry. We constantly innovate and incorporate cutting edge technologies to make the lives of our community more enriched. Lyft connects people to transportation to change the way we live and get around our communities. Lyft Business connects Lyft to thousands of companies and organizations to offer safe, affordable and reliable solutions for ground transportation needs. Our goal is to make transportation-as-a-service a reality for organizations of all sizes and all industries. We operate as a startup within a startup and build solutions to extend Lyft’s reach to our society.
Lyft’s engineering team is growing rapidly, and we are looking for engineers to help us scale. Come join the team at Lyft that is focused on enabling and empowering engineering teams to deliver at scale. The role on this team offers a unique opportunity to directly impact the revenue bottom line for Lyft, while partnering with almost all of Lyft’s feature, business and operational teams.
- Help to define roadmap and architecture based on technology and business needs
- Write well-crafted, well-tested, readable, maintainable code
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality and distribute knowledge
- Share your knowledge by giving brown bags, tech talks, and evangelizing appropriate tech and engineering best practices
- Can help lead large projects from idea to positive execution
- Act on feedback to learn and grow
- Unblock, support and effectively communicate across teams to achieve results
Experience & Skills:
- Must have 5+ years of software engineering industry experience
- Experience with object-oriented programming
- Experience or exposure to distributed systems
- Experience working with databases, relational or NoSQL
- Ability to thrive in a startup environment
- Ability to write thorough, scalable and clear design documentation
- Designs, builds and improves a set of team owned components
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Wherever you’re headed, count on Lyft for rides in minutes. The Lyft app matches you with local drivers at the tap of a button. Just request and go.
Ride by ride, we’re changing the way our world works.