Technical Program Manager, Release
Lyft, San Francisco
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one
Lyft connects people to transportation to change the way we live and get around our communities. Lyft’s engineering team is growing rapidly, and we are looking for Release Technical Program Managers to help us scale. Release TPMs are part of the Technical Program Management team at Lyft, focused at enabling and empowering engineering teams to deliver at scale.
Release TPMs specifically focus on the end-to-end delivery of client application releases to the App Store and Play Store for iOS and Android respectively. Release TPMs work across the organization to advance features through the release process. They deeply understand the development flow and own the schedule and release criteria to ensure they meet Lyft standards. Release TPMs are strong user advocates and have a responsibility to uphold the highest quality experience for our users. This role will also involve being responsible for our accessibility program enabling Lyft to build experiences that are robust for people with disabilities. You'll collaborate with engineering and cross-functional teams across the company to help us build an inclusive product and company.
- Manage Lyft app releases on iOS and Android
- Own the end-to-end release process across product engineering teams with a focus on ensuring on-time, high quality releases
- Own communication + visibility into release contents, health, and quality, factoring into account product features and third party dependencies
- Collaborate across engineering, product and design to improve processes and to establish best practices
- Manage and build Lyft’s Beta community of testers across multiple release channels
- Partner with various teams across the organization to ensure readiness for the release
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- 2+ years in project/program management, release management, or a technical support function
- Excellent communication skills
- Expertise in the software release lifecycle, using agile development processes and tools
- Able to influence, negotiate and inspire others in a matrixed environment
- Excellent organization, planning skills, and attention to detail
- Experience with change management systems, test frameworks, and build systems
- Analytical experience with delivering metrics and reports to leadership and cross-functional teams
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Wherever you’re headed, count on Lyft for rides in minutes. The Lyft app matches you with local drivers at the tap of a button. Just request and go.
Ride by ride, we’re changing the way our world works.
Want to learn more about Lyft? Visit Lyft's website.
Jobs You May Like
Backend Engineering Manager - Device Software
Fitbit, US - San Francisco
Insider, Istanbul, Turkey
Software Engineer - Incident Response
Exabeam, San Mateo, CA
Lead Software Engineer, 3D Engine
Magic Leap, Inc., Culver City, CA, Plantation, FL (HQ), Sunnyvale, CA, Tel Aviv, Israel, Toronto, ON, Zurich, Switzerland
Sr. Software Engineer (Internal Products & Services)
Pivotal Software, San Francisco, California , Toronto, Ontario