Power Electronics Electrical Engineer, Bikes & Scooters
Lyft, San Francisco
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one
At Lyft, community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
This team is focused on urban transportation and removing congestion, read more here!
As the owner of the power electronics in motor controllers and chargers across Lyft Bikes and Scooters, you will be responsible for designing the most reliable, safe, and efficient electric vehicle power electronics in power-dense packaging!
- Development of digital and analog electronics for motor control and charging of light electric vehicles from specification through design, prototyping, and manufacturing.
- Collaborative work with firmware, mechanical, thermal, and manufacturing engineers across component selection, packaging, and thermal system design.
- Provide input on controller architectural decisions to drive robust system design.
Experience and Skills:
- BS, MSc or PhD in electrical engineering, physics or related engineering discipline
- 4+ years experience in electrical engineering within a product design and manufacturing environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in selection and use of microcontrollers and their peripheral circuitry (signal conditioning, board-level power supplies).
- Experience in the design, component selection, and PCB implementation of analog signal conditioning circuitry.
- Proficiency with basic EE tools (scopes, network analyzers, etc.)
- Familiarity with power semiconductors and their gate drive and protection circuitry.
- Fluency in the use of MATLAB/Simulink or similar tools to develop models of physical systems.
- Experience in obtaining certification through an NRTL (e.g. UL, CE, etc.)
- Good understanding of switching waveforms, Semi-conductor losses and experience with loss modeling.
- Understanding of the theory and application of magnetics in inductors and transformers for power conversion.
- Experience in PCB layout and EMC optimization.
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Wherever you’re headed, count on Lyft for rides in minutes. The Lyft app matches you with local drivers at the tap of a button. Just request and go.
Ride by ride, we’re changing the way our world works.
Want to learn more about Lyft? Visit Lyft's website.
Jobs You May Like
Electrical Engineer (Analog/Power)
Peloton, NY HQ
Dropbox, Seattle, WA
Solutions Architect -Pivotal Cloud Foundry Solutions
Pivotal Software, Toronto
Backend Engineering Manager
Dashlane, New York, NY
Search - Senior Backend Engineer
Senior Front-End Developer - Sunnyvale
AKQA, San Francisco