Content Writer, Lyft Bikes and Scooters
Lyft, New York
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one
At Lyft, community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
We’re looking for a Content Writer to join our Lyft Bikes & Scooters creative team in NYC.
Help shape our brand experience for drivers and passengers by crafting compelling copy for our product marketing team. Your portfolio should demonstrate solid content and creative writing chops. You’re a collaborative, critical thinker who can ship smart copy and turn raw data into riveting stories — and have fun while you’re at it.
- Write and edit emails, push notifications, SMS copy, blog posts, landing pages, print materials, social media posts, and other content
- Champion the Lyft brand voice and style throughout all channels
- Write hard-hitting copy that drives action and media performance (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, email, YouTube, Google display network), while also doing service to the brand
- Translate complicated concepts, government policies, and legalese into blissfully jargon-free copy that makes sense
- Collaborate with designers, videographers, engineers, marketers, project managers, and various other stakeholders on a daily basis
- Juggle multiple projects on fast-moving schedules
- Quickly adapt to last-minute asks and changing timelines with flexibility and good humor
- Own creative projects and tasks with guidance and support from senior leads
Experience & Skills:
- 6+ years experience writing for an established consumer brand
- Strong leadership skills: enjoys mentoring junior team members
- Ability to nimbly balance brand voice with marketing strategies
- A conceptual mind that considers not just copy, but design and visuals
- Deep allegiance to AP Style
- Ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to understand and discuss paid media strategies, metrics, and results
- A collaborative, proactive mindset
- Detail-oriented: Nothing slips past your eagle eyes
- Ability to work onsite daily
- Portfolio link with professional clips
- Ability to address delicate issues with sensitivity and empathy
- Humor and jazz hands
- Copy editing experience
- Experience writing for an ESL audience
- Product experience: You can take complex product stories and bring them to life in clear, concise ways.
- Familiarity with keyword placement and other SEO best practices
- Used Lyft as a passenger and/or driver
- Management experience
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Wherever you’re headed, count on Lyft for rides in minutes. The Lyft app matches you with local drivers at the tap of a button. Just request and go.
Ride by ride, we’re changing the way our world works.
Want to learn more about Lyft? Visit Lyft's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Manager, Digital Strategy and Execution
Bluebird Bio, Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
Vendor Manager, Member Support
Credit Karma, Charlotte, NC
Product Marketing Manager
Yoyo Wallet, London
Membership Sales Advisor
Forward, Los Angeles
Quereinsteiger Online Marketing SEO Consultant (m/w/div)
Dept, Digital Marketing DE
Trainee Online Redakteur (m/w/div)
Dept, Digital Marketing DE