At Lyft, community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
Lyft needs experienced engineers from a range of disciplines. Our team has a history of implementing rich and creative features that set the standard for the ride sharing industry. We incorporate cutting edge technologies to make the lives of our community more enriched. Lyft’s mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do so, we build scalable systems to accept user ride requests, match them with the best driver for the job, and simplify the transaction into a delightful experience by handling payment, tipping, and customer support through our app.
Lyft’s Growth organization is actively accelerating our business, finding ways to expose more people to the great service we help provide. Do you want to learn how to build scalable systems that manage millions of dollars to acquire customers through various channels?
- Help establish roadmap and architecture based on technology and requirements
- Write well-crafted, well-tested, readable, maintainable code
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality and distribute knowledge
- Share your knowledge by giving brown bags, tech talks, and promoting appropriate tech and engineering best practices
- Can help lead large projects from idea to positive execution
- Act on feedback to improve
- Unblock, support and communicate with internal partners to achieve results
- Collaborate with a full-stack team, reporting to the Growth software engineering manager
Experience & Skills:
- 5+ years of software engineering industry experience
- Experience with object-oriented programming
- Experience with distributed systems
- Experience working with databases, relational or NoSQL
- Write clear and scalable design documentation
- Design and build a set of team owned components
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft ride
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Wherever you’re headed, count on Lyft for rides in minutes. The Lyft app matches you with local drivers at the tap of a button. Just request and go.
Ride by ride, we’re changing the way our world works.
Want to learn more about Lyft? Visit Lyft's website.
Jobs You May Like
Lead Architect - Offboard Software
Hyperloop One, Los Angeles
CircleCI, North America
Software Engineer - Tools
Zoox, Foster City, CA
Senior Software Developer
ThoughtWorks, San Francisco
Senior Associate Scientist, Genomics, Gene Editing
Bluebird Bio, Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
Senior Software Engineer
TripAdvisor, Sydney, Australia