Claims Customer Care Specialist
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one
At Lyft, community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
Lyft is looking for rockstars to enhance our growing Claims team as Customer Care Specialists. Based in our Nashville corporate office, this person will be responsible for scaling, maintaining and optimizing a safe and happy community of Lyft’s drivers and passengers. We're looking for someone motivated to go above and beyond for our community members to instill trust in the Lyft platform. The Claims team is responsible for getting our drivers back on the road efficiently and effectively. Leveraging technologies so as to provide world class customer service. The team proactively solves problems by implementing solutions to make Lyft operations safer, efficient and an overall better experience.
Our Claims Customer Care Specialist is the first point of contact for Lyft drivers after they experience a loss. Our service must be best in class as our driver’s well being and livelihood depend on us getting them back to pre-loss condition as soon as possible. This position is for career focused individuals looking to start their career in insurance claims. We are looking for best in class service professionals and will provide the training needed. In addition, we provide the training necessary to secure a Property and Casualty Adjuster’s license, which is a requirement of this role. Our Claims team has a very important role at Lyft, therefore, we believe it is important to provide our representatives with the best benefits and coaching support to ensure a successful and rewarding career.
- Provide excellent customer service by promptly and courteously responding to all inbound inquiries regarding Personal Insurance claims
- Perform initial capture of new Auto claims; Process all "First Notice of Loss" and perform enhanced capture steps as needed. Capture new claims and service existing claims through effective collaboration with internal and external partners
- Set expectations with customers on when updates on their claim status will be provided
- Begin process of Material Damage claim: estimates, rentals, police reports, salvage, etc.
- Demonstrate understanding of coverage periods and policies to provide guidance and assistance to callers based on their needs; may make limited recommendations on enhancements as needed
- Process caller transactions accurately and within established Contact Center time standards. Manage and utilize time effectively to ensure the required service levels for call capture and service handle time as well as quality and customer satisfaction standards are met
- Efficiently utilize on-line reference materials to provide accurate and timely information and counsel to customers. Effectively operate systems and applications including computer desktop, Google suite , call center specific phone systems and the internet
- Develop and continuously build product, procedural and technical systems knowledge
- Complete licensing and continuing education requirements as required
- Work a flexible schedule between the hours of the call center
Experience & Skills:
- High School degree or equivalent training or experience in a business related field, or a minimum of 6+ months related work experience is a plus; Customer Service experience preferred
- Ability to work a flexible schedule between the hours of the call center is a must
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to learn and adapt to various external systems for claim processing
- Ability to input data with accuracy and precision
- Ability to review, record and organize written data from a variety of sources
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, and the capacity to multi-task in a structured work environment are required
- Ability to handle confidential and proprietary information is critical
- Proficiency with computers is mandatory
- Knowledge of Google, MAC and keyboard shortcuts is desired
- Must be able to type a minimum of 25 WPM
- Bilingual highly preferred
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Wherever you’re headed, count on Lyft for rides in minutes. The Lyft app matches you with local drivers at the tap of a button. Just request and go.
Ride by ride, we’re changing the way our world works.
Want to learn more about Lyft? Visit Lyft's website.
Jobs You May Like
Hortonworks, Cork, Ireland
Senior Counsel, Provider Networks & Contracting
Oscar, New York
Braintree Payments, Chicago
Technical Professional, Houston
Tachyus, Houston, TX
Vice President, Legal and Compliance
Magic Leap, Inc., Plantation, FL
Senior IT Audit Manager
Dropbox, San Francisco, CA