Hardware Data Scientist, Bikes & Scooters
Lyft, San Francisco
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one
At Lyft, community is who we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
As metropolitan cities grow, we aim to transform the way people commute within the city through becoming the leader in the development and operation of such vehicles. From bikes and scooters to future forms of transportation, you will be at the forefront of driving these new initiatives and revolutionize technology.
Data is at the heart of how Lyft makes business, product, and engineering decisions. The Lyft Bikes and Scooter (LBS) data science team is a specialized data science team which works collaboratively with partners across the organization, such as product, engineering, strategy and operations to develop business insights and make actionable recommendations. We are looking for passionate data scientists to come work alongside us to take on some of the most interesting and impactful problems in the future of ridesharing and autonomous vehicles.
The Hardware Data Scientist will work in a fast paced and agile environment and pursue a variety of unique and challenging problems ranging from battery range, rideable stability, brake reliability, and many other exciting projects! You will dig into the data to uncover insights, design experiments and measure the impact, and ultimately help influence decision-making across the entire organization.
- Develop understanding and set engineering and business metrics that measure the health of our hardware products and their relationship to the LBS business
- Partner with hardware engineers, product managers, technical program managers, software engineers, operations, and government relations to translate engineering and business insights into decisions and action
- Use analyses, benchtop testing, field and fleet experiments to inform engineering and product design; communicate results and launch decisions
- Develop analytical frameworks to monitor business and product performance and make hardware design decisions
Experience & Skills:
- Degree in an engineering related field like electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, or physics. Advanced degrees are preferred
- 4+ years of industry experience in a data science or analytics role. Professional hardware and manufacturing experience preferred
- Proficiency in SQL - able to write structured and efficient queries on large data sets
- Experience in programming, especially with data science and visualization libraries in Python or R
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Wherever you’re headed, count on Lyft for rides in minutes. The Lyft app matches you with local drivers at the tap of a button. Just request and go.
Ride by ride, we’re changing the way our world works.