Engineering Manager, Hardware Product Integrity
Lyft, San Francisco, CA
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one
At Lyft, community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
This team is focused on urban transportation and removing congestion, read more here!
About the job
We’re looking for a Hardware product reliability manager who will take the lead in developing and communicating quality and reliability related activities for the next generation of electric bikes and scooter products. In this role, the product integrity manager will coordinate, direct and manage product quality throughout all the stages of the product life cycle (design, development, manufacturing, and field). This role utilizes experience and expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives, and drive short and long term product and process improvements. You will play a pivotal role in laying the foundation for the next generation of transit and building out the hardware quality engineering team. This person will be responsible for validating our products for safety and reliability, and in doing so, will push the product quality standards within the micro-mobility movement.
- Manage a cross-functional quality team across hardware and firmware
- Advocate for our users, champion quality, safety and reliability, and lead the overall team execution towards quality goals
- Standardize quality processes including test plan development, test documentation, test metrics, best practices, and reporting and visibility for overall quality of our hardware products
- Participate in design reviews to ensure product quality, manufacturability, and reliability are implemented and executed
- Establish standard work and performance metrics to support business goals
- Lead supplier development activities using statistical process control to reduce supplier escapes and to improve cycle times and delivery performance
- Direct new products by working closely with the hardware team to review the assembly to ensure that designs are modified where necessary in order to improve for manufacturability and design for assembly
Experience & Skills:
MSc or PhD in electrical, mechanical, physics or a related engineering discipline
6+ years as an test, reliability and quality leader in the automotive, aerospace, or consumer electronic industries with exposure to the entire product life cycle
- 3+ years experience in people management
Proven track record managing a team toward quality goals
Excellent organization, planning skills, and attention to detail
Ability to work cross-functionally with all stakeholders, think creatively, and foster a team
Willingness to inspire and motivate teams in ambiguous environments
- Engage with suppliers and ensure reliability test plan is met, travel required
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Wherever you’re headed, count on Lyft for rides in minutes. The Lyft app matches you with local drivers at the tap of a button. Just request and go.
Ride by ride, we’re changing the way our world works.