Technical Program Manager, Hardware, Bikes & Scooters
Lyft, San Francisco
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one
At Lyft, a community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
Lyft connects people to transportation to change the way we live and get around our communities. Lyft’s engineering team is growing rapidly, and we are looking for Technical Program Managers to help us scale. Come be part of a new team at Lyft focused on enabling and empowering engineering teams to deliver at scale.
Technical Program Managers at Lyft drive cross-functional initiatives, leveraging strong leadership, planning, communication, and collaboration skills. Our TPMs are technically strong with hardware, software engineering or systems engineering experience. They are problem solvers who make things happen around them by setting clear goals and inspiring teams to deliver. TPMs at Lyft are both strategic and tactical and do what it takes to successfully deliver key programs that have a material impact on the business.
This exciting TPM role will be focused on hardware solutions to meet our riders last mile needs .
- Lead iterative delivery of strategic cross-functional initiatives from concept to ship, through focus, transparency, communication, visibility, and accountability
- Leverage deep technical expertise with large-scale, distributed 24x7 production systems to build comprehensive plans, to identify risks, and to ensure smooth project launches with a goal of delighting our passengers and drivers
- Partner with engineering, product, and business leadership to build highly collaborative teams and to enhance communication across teams and stakeholders
- Identify and resolve systemic issues impacting Lyft hardware engineering and aggressively take action to resolve
- Work with product, software, mechanical and electrical teams to understand and define requirements
- Work with cloud teams to drive data collection and OTA updates
- Establish best practices for development, test, and deployment of hardware
- Ensure safety requirements are complete and correct, new designs meet safety requirements, and software implementations meet design specifications
- Lead large projects from idea to positive execution; act on feedback to learn and grow
Experience & Skills:
- BS or MS degree in Mechanical, Electrical Engineering or related technical field, and 5+ years of experience in firmware planning, development, testing and deployment
- Strong understanding of mechanical & electrical theory and components
- Experience with various wireless and cellular protocols; and in interfacing with digital and analog peripherals, both on- and off- chip
- Experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver complex projects iteratively with multiple dependencies and constraints, in a highly dynamic and agile environment
- Proven ability to operate effectively and autonomously across multiple teams in situations of extreme ambiguity, with only high-level direction
- Experience building roadmaps, release plans, project plans with a thorough understanding of dependency management
- Able to communicate highly technical problems and solutions at all levels from engineer to partner to C-level executives
- Able to influence, negotiate and inspire others in a matrixed environment Excellent organization, planning skills, and attention to detail
- Experience delivering projects in large-scale, distributed production systems and 24x7 production operations
- Experience compiling and presenting business & technology options, backed by data & experimentation, to decision makers
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Wherever you’re headed, count on Lyft for rides in minutes. The Lyft app matches you with local drivers at the tap of a button. Just request and go.
Ride by ride, we’re changing the way our world works.
Want to learn more about Lyft? Visit Lyft's website.
Jobs You May Like
Lead iOS Engineer
Ring, Santa Monica, CA
Senior Image Processing / Computer Vision Software Engineer, VR
Lytro, Mountain View, CA
Senior Software Engineer (DevOps)
Andela, Cairo, Egypt, Lagos, Nigeria, Nairobi, Kenya, New York City, USA
Data Infrastructure Engineer - Full Remote in Europe
Software Engineer, Commerce
BuzzFeed, New York, Minneapolis or London
Coordinator, Digital Supply Chain, AWAL
Kobalt Music Group, London