Senior Director, New Market Strategy & Operations
Lyft, San Francisco, CA
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one
At Lyft, community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
The growth we’ve seen so far has been explosive, but it’s just one small step towards our larger mission: improve people's lives with the world’s best transportation. We’re passionate about extending access to transportation.
Lyft is looking for a proven strategic and operationally focused leader with global business experience to develop Lyft’s expansion strategy, and operationalize it. Reporting to the VP of Strategy, you will be responsible for building out the business case and financial model for where we should expand next, focused on using market research and data to work very deeply cross functionally.
- Evaluate launch opportunities, and build business cases to support recommendations and prioritize these opportunities
- Assess and partner with cross functional teams to enable successful market entry (Public Policy, Finance, Product, Legal, Eng, etc.); build champions of each function
- Partner deeply with the Market Launch team(s), to prioritize execution as conditions shift; and support (or drive as needed) the end-to-end responsibility for the execution of complex multi-stakeholder, cross-functional launches
- Anticipate issues, respond to changes with agility, based on experience, to drive impact
- Passionate about rolling up your sleeves to solve any issue, alongside your team
- Succinctly communicate with all stakeholders, including executives
- Partner with cross-functional teams to execute the market playbook for launches
- Simplify and execute processes that drive replication at scale
- Build a team of analysts and strategists; and a strong, execution-oriented team of cross-functional experts across multiple industries and time zones
- Strong leader - engaging, developer or others
- 15+ years of experience in a combination of strategic consulting, investment banking, venture capital, business turnarounds, business operations
- Must have experience with launching products/ businesses internationally
- Must have experience researching markets internationally, with aim to launch
- Must have lived overseas for an extended period of time
- Fantastic financial acumen -- you lead with data and facts
- Is a simplifier of issues, problems, finds solutions
- Proven track record of business impact; delivering on complex, high-visibility, cross-functional projects on a global scale
- Proven record of leading performance-driven strategy and operational teams
- Proven ability to track, prioritize, and drive multiple concurrent projects to success. This position is expected to utilize data and metrics to communicate needs.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to influence people at all levels across a broad variety of job functions (GR, Legal, Finance, etc.)
- Travel likely required
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Wherever you’re headed, count on Lyft for rides in minutes. The Lyft app matches you with local drivers at the tap of a button. Just request and go.
Ride by ride, we’re changing the way our world works.
Want to learn more about Lyft? Visit Lyft's website.
Jobs You May Like
Sales Development Representative
Deliveroo, Hong Kong
Manager, Mid Market Sales
Juniper Square, San Francisco
Animoto, New York, New York
Sales Director - Vietnam
Insider, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Consulting Analyst, Advisory Services
Management Leadership For Tomorrow, Bethesda, MD
Junior Operational Excellence Analyst