Control Engineer, Vehicle Motion Control
Lyft, Palo Alto, CA
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one
At Lyft, community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
We care deeply about delivering the best transportation experience; this means the best experience for the passenger and the best experience for the driver. We believe this quality of service can only be achieved with a deep understanding of our world, our cities, our streets… how they evolve, how they breathe. We embrace the powerful positive impact autonomous transportation will bring to our everyday lives and with our ambition, we will become a leader in the development and operation of such vehicles. Thanks to our network, with hundreds of millions of rides every year, we have the means to make autonomy a safe reality. As a member of Level5, you will have the opportunity to develop and deploy tomorrow’s hardware & software solutions and thereby revolutionize transportation.
As part of the Motion Control Team, you will be responsible for developing core parts of our motion control algorithms and make sure that our autonomous vehicles execute planned vehicle trajectories in a safe, accurate, and robust way. Members of our Motion Control team are expected to work on a wide variety of challenging tasks ranging from simulation studies to hands-on testing and verification of deployed algorithms in our vehicles. For this position, we are looking for a control engineer with a strong theoretical knowledge of control theory and the ability to turn that knowledge into practical results.
- Develop core motion control algorithms for autonomous vehicles such as longitudinal control, lateral control, and vehicle state estimation
- Test and verify motion control functionality, both in simulation and in vehicles
- Develop simulation tools and verification strategies for safety critical control algorithms
- Work together with Lyft’s motion planning team to design interfaces between planning and control
- Work together with OEM partners and Tier 1 suppliers to design functionally safe systems for motion control
- Master’s degree or higher in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or other related field with at least 2+ years of experience from working in a similar role
- Strong background in control theory, vehicle dynamics, and signal processing
- Experience with vehicle dynamics control
- Experience from working with safety critical real-time systems
- Strong knowledge of MATLAB/Simulink as well as C, C++, and/or Python
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with good communication and collaboration skills
- (Bonus Points) Experience with Autonomous Vehicle applications
- (Bonus Points) Experience from working with Functional Safety and ISO26262
- (Bonus Points) Experience from working with tools for Rapid Prototyping, such as dSPACE tools
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Wherever you’re headed, count on Lyft for rides in minutes. The Lyft app matches you with local drivers at the tap of a button. Just request and go.
Ride by ride, we’re changing the way our world works.
Want to learn more about Lyft? Visit Lyft's website.
Jobs You May Like
Data Integration Engineer
C3.ai, Redwood City, CA, Minneapolis, MN, New York, NY, Chicago, IL, Washington, DC