Engineering Director, Machine Learning
Lyft, San Francisco, CA
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one
Lyft’s engineering team is growing, and we are looking for engineering directors to help us scale. Our engineers are curious, flexible, and love solving difficult challenges. They look to their managers for organizational transparency, career development, mentorship, and honest feedback.
Lyft’s ML organization accelerates our business, building ML tools and solutions for all teams to promote more efficiency in execution. We are looking for a leader in the Machine Learning space with experience having built and led teams to solve hard problems using modern ML techniques.
- Lead a team of experienced engineers who like to ship code and tackle hard engineering problems.
- Mentor the professional and technical development of your team members. Help develop their careers, and assign them to projects tailored to their skill levels, personalities, work styles, and professional goals.
- Build teams that are collaborative, inclusive, and respectful of each other.
- Provide continuous feedback, address underperformance, and recognize the individual's strengths and contributions of your team members.
- Create plans for prioritizing technical and resourcing challenges in your organization.
- Maintain a balance between building sustainable, compelling projects and shipping things quickly.
- Instill a spirit of improvement in the team’s code, architecture, and processes.
- Work with the Lyft recruiting team to hire candidates from diverse backgrounds.
- Work with your engineers, managers and product managers to maintain a prioritized backlog and create short-term and long-term goals.
- Grow the team’s deliverables and ensure we continue to ship scalable, products that delight our passengers and drivers.
- You have a technical background and can help plan and design discussions.
- You are steadfastly focused on customers, whether they are drivers, passengers, or other Lyft employees.
- You have experience thinking about business, and about complex economic / financial systems.
- You have experience leading a team of engineers and guiding them through their career development.
- You believe in building both teams and products that scale.
- You enjoy working in a collaborative environment, and you’re committed to driving projects to completion creatively.
- You have experience guiding teams through planning and execution of work.
- You think ahead and build for the future.
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Wherever you’re headed, count on Lyft for rides in minutes. The Lyft app matches you with local drivers at the tap of a button. Just request and go.
Ride by ride, we’re changing the way our world works.
Want to learn more about Lyft? Visit Lyft's website.
Jobs You May Like
User Support Specialist (Poland)