Software Engineer, Security
Lyft, San Francisco, CA
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one
- You're a software engineer, and have solid experience with a high level programming language. Bonus points for experience with C and shell scripts.
- You have experience with (or a deep interest in) computer security, ideally in both attacking and defending web applications.
- When facing a problem that's poorly defined or outside of your expertise, you can quickly learn what you need to dig in, make sense of the problem, and start working towards a solution.
- You're a great communicator, and can advocate for your proposals while also empathizing with your teammates' goals and priorities.
- You understand that security work must be prioritized because all teams have finite resources. You have good judgment and a sense of when to compromise and when to hold your ground.
In addition, our ideal candidate has experience with a subset of:
- Teaching your coworkers about security best practices.
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) or another cloud infrastructure provider.
- Running multi-tier or distributed web applications at scale.
- Developing or attacking mobile apps on Android or iOS.
- Computer network security or major computer networking protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, HTTP, TLS, DNS).
- OS security or running fleets of Linux or OS X systems.
- Reverse engineering, malware analysis, or digital forensics.
- Data analysis, machine learning, or anomaly detection.
- Data classification or data privacy protection.Cryptography, PKI, or key distribution.
Wherever you’re headed, count on Lyft for rides in minutes. The Lyft app matches you with local drivers at the tap of a button. Just request and go.
Ride by ride, we’re changing the way our world works.
Want to learn more about Lyft? Visit Lyft's website.
Jobs You May Like
Security Software Engineer
Cloudflare, San Francisco, CA
Software Engineer (Data Platform)
Branch Metrics, Redwood City
Senior Systems Engineer, Architecture, Interfaces, Analysis, & Requirements
Magic Leap, Inc., Plantation, FL
Senior Software Engineer, Backend
Patreon, San Francisco
Repair Technicians (Mobile Phones + Tablets)
Cloud - Site Reliability Engineer
Elastic, Distributed, APAC