Corporate Risk Manager
Lyft, San Francisco, CA
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one
At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
The Risk team at Lyft is committed to innovative and evolving insurance solutions to accurately address our exposures. The Manager, Corporate Risk Solutions role will facilitate the placement of our corporate insurance programs by working with a broad range of teams internally as well as our broker and carrier partners. We are looking for a candidate with a strong understanding of property and casualty insurance that is excited to join a dynamic and growing team.
- Manage the renewal cycle for our corporate insurance programs by optimizing coverage structures, and facilitating broker and carrier relationships
- Work closely with Lyft’s actuarial team to help with rate negotiations
- Act as the insurance subject matter expert and advise internal teams on potential risks and coverage requirements for company initiatives
- Provide internal training on Lyft’s corporate programs
- Review insurance limits and terms in contractual agreements and evidence insurance when required
- Work with the communications team to address media inquiries related to insurance
- Assess existing insurance structures of potential acquisition targets and create pre- and post-acquisition insurance plans
- Document and track coverage structures, rates and renewal calendar
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in P&C at an insurance carrier, broker or risk management role preferred
- Minimum of bachelor or equivalent degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics, Insurance or a related field preferred
- Great communication and presentation skills
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Balance attention to detail with fast-paced Lyft environment
- Passionate about Lyft and ridesharing
- Highly innovative
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Wherever you’re headed, count on Lyft for rides in minutes. The Lyft app matches you with local drivers at the tap of a button. Just request and go.
Ride by ride, we’re changing the way our world works.