Autonomous System Functional Safety Engineer
Lyft, Palo Alto, CA
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one
- Active participant in autonomous vehicle sub-system development, working closely with both hardware and software teams in supporting functionality definition from a safety perspective
- Be the point contact to external vendors on the development of ASIL compliant devices.
- Development of the safety cases for sub-systems
- Derive technical safety requirements based on defined safety goals for the sub-systems
- Support FMEDA, DFMEA, FTA and DFA technical work products to ensure that ASIL metrics are being met
- Define safe state and interrupt protocol requirements for the sub-systems depending on the safety requirements and ASIL rating
- Define safety testing requirements for both hardware and software for the sub-system, working closely with the internal testing team to ensure correct implementation.
Experience & Skills
- Electrical Engineering, Product Development Engineering or Quality/Reliability Engineering background
- Experience in using the ISO 26262 or the IEC 61508 standards (other applicable safety standards such as DO-254, ISO 60601, IEC 62304 may apply)
- Technical experience in creating FMEDA, DFMEA and FTA work products
- Experience with either vendor, automotive-tier 1 or automotive-OEM technical collaborations
- Understanding of FIT estimate derivation based on SN29500, IEC 62380 or equivalent standards
- Proven time management skills and a respect of deadlines
Nice to Have
- Experience in data analysis (script writing to extract data, experience with JMP or other statistical analysis tool)
- Hardware or software experience but not necessarily a deep expert in either
- Proactive approach to troubleshooting problems - demonstrating taking responsibility of fixing issues
Wherever you’re headed, count on Lyft for rides in minutes. The Lyft app matches you with local drivers at the tap of a button. Just request and go.
Ride by ride, we’re changing the way our world works.
Want to learn more about Lyft? Visit Lyft's website.
Jobs You May Like
Software Engineer Intern (Summer and Fall)
Endurance International Group, Burlington, MA
Technology Risk Senior Advisor
KPMG New Zealand, Wellington
Application Security Engineer
Tradeshift, Bucharest, Romania
Formlabs, Somerville, MA
Senior Data Pipeline Engineer
Foursquare, New York
Lead Manufacturing Test Software Engineer
Magic Leap, Inc., Plantation, FL