UX Writer, Transit, Bikes & Scooters
Lyft, New York, NY
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one
At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
We’re looking for an experienced UX writer to join our growing UX Writing team, and partner with our Transit, Bikes and Scooters (TBS) team in our New York office. You’ll be embedded in this team, and a partner in influencing product decisions. You'll work alongside designers, researchers, marketers, and product managers to create a top-notch experience for users.
As our UX Writing team grows you’ll help establish UX writing as a discipline at Lyft. You’ll define best practices, create systems to scale our small-but-mighty team, and generally elevate the Lyft user experience with your wording superpower.
- Translate complicated concepts into clear in-product copy (UI, notifications, errors, and more)
- Champion the Lyft brand voice and style
- Help establish product strategy and vision
- Regularly collaborate with designers, researchers, engineers, marketers, data science, product managers, and other stakeholders across tech and ops
- Manage multiple projects and competing priorities
- Create, maintain, and evolve content guidelines
- 5+ years of UX writing experience
- A systems mind that considers not just copy, but the end-to-end user experience
- Ability to understand and discuss strategy, metrics, and results
- A collaborative, proactive mindset
- Experience with design tools (Sketch, Figma)
- Experience writing for an ESL audience preferred
- Knowledge of accessibility best practices
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Wherever you’re headed, count on Lyft for rides in minutes. The Lyft app matches you with local drivers at the tap of a button. Just request and go.
Ride by ride, we’re changing the way our world works.
Want to learn more about Lyft? Visit Lyft's website.
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.