Software Engineer Intern (2021)
Lyft, San Francisco, CA
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one
At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
Lyft is looking for aspiring software engineers from a scope of disciplines. As an intern, you will have the opportunity to work on one of our many business areas, such as:
Rideshare, Transit, Bikes and Scooters & Fleet
We care deeply about delivering the best transportation experience; this means the best experience for the customer and the best experience for the driver. We believe this quality of service can only be achieved with a deep understanding of our world, our cities, our streets… how they evolve, how they breathe. We provide personal transit options that people love and cities need.
- Brief daily meeting to sync with small cross-functional team (scrum)
- Go off and crank on your project, checking in with other team members throughout the day with questions and updates
- You leave the code in a better state than when you found it (progressive refactor)
- You value reliability, ensured by automated testing (unit, integration and load tests)
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality and distribute knowledge
- Continuous integration and deployment
- Go home knowing that your work today is meaningfully improving the lives of every Lyft driver and every Lyft passenger
- Currently pursuing B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent
- Requirement to return to coursework for a minimum of one term following internship completion
- Experience with object-oriented programming
- Ability to thrive in a startup environment
- Passion for sustainability and/or transportation
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- In addition to holidays, interns receive 1 day paid time off and 3 days sick time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Wherever you’re headed, count on Lyft for rides in minutes. The Lyft app matches you with local drivers at the tap of a button. Just request and go.
Ride by ride, we’re changing the way our world works.
Want to learn more about Lyft? Visit Lyft's website.
Come join the Gemini team and help us build the future of money!
Jobs You May Like
Senior Software Engineer (C# / .NET) - Remote
TCGplayer, Syracuse, NY