Software Engineer - Android
Lyft, San Francisco, CA
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one
At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
You're an enthusiastic app developer looking to take your skills to the next level by joining our Android team. We build apps used by millions of people, and we take great pride in our work. This means excellent development practices, careful code architecture, and an organization built around rapid releases. Within the teams, backlog grooming, planning meetings, daily stand-ups, demos and retrospectives keep us agile, and accountable. Continuous integration with automated testing allows us to run a bi-weekly release train. Our beta release process gives us useful insight into user behavior and heavy use of analytics, A/B testing and feature flagging allows for rapid iteration. With a focus on delightful user experiences, we balance building new features, refactoring code, and tweaking existing features based on analytics data. Every line of code gets reviewed by other developers, every pixel inspected by designers, and every feature hammered on by manual and automated QA.
- Work within our product teams to build exciting features
- Implement pixel perfect designs with advanced animations
- Extend and implement our APIs
- Implement unit and UI automation tests
- Experience using design and architecture patterns
- Understand unit testing
- Knowledge of Java, Kotlin or NET
- Good sense of usability and product
- Generalist engineer experience. Experience building web services, accessing data storages
- Experience pursuing side projects or open source projects
- Shipped Android apps, available on Google Play
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Until further notice, Lyft employees working in the United States and Canada in any capacity (on a daily or hybrid schedule or as a visitor) are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19. Employees are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after completion of the entire recommended series of vaccination (usually one or two doses) with a vaccine authorized to prevent COVID-19 by the federal Food and Drug Administration (FDA), including by way of an emergency use authorization. Lyft will maintain records associated with your vaccination history in a way that is compliant with all relevant Federal, state and local laws. Exceptions to this requirement are employees who require religious or medical exemption as approved through Lyft's accommodations process.
Wherever you’re headed, count on Lyft for rides in minutes. The Lyft app matches you with local drivers at the tap of a button. Just request and go.
Ride by ride, we’re changing the way our world works.
Want to learn more about Lyft? Visit Lyft's website.
Help the world share their story
Tech Jobs For You
Lead Product Manager - Community Participation Products (Remote)
Yelp, Leeds, England, United Kingdom