At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
To perform Lyft’s mission of creating the real-time transportation network of the future, Lyft needs engineers from a scope of disciplines. We need engineers to create delightful and intuitive frontend UX for bikes, scooters and transit passengers, to help us intelligently scale our backend infrastructure, to provide actual real-time time and pricing information to all users, to improve our build tools, to increase the efficiency of our customer service team, and more.
As an engineer at Lyft, you'll collaborate with different teams like product, data science, analytics, and operations on code that empower us to iterate quickly, while focusing on delighting our customers.
- Work within our product teams to design, build, and release exciting features and products in the Lyft Driver and Rider applications, used by millions of people every day
- Help establish roadmap and architecture based on technology and our needs
- Write well-crafted, well-tested, readable, maintainable code
- Work with Product Managers, Designers, and Server Engineers to deliver best in class user experience and collaborate closely with local and global colleagues
- Implement pixel perfect designs with advanced interactions, which are a joy to use
- Extend and implement our APIs
- Oversee major changes to our iOS architecture
- Implement unit and UI tests
- Solve complex real-time data transfer and synchronization issues
- Continuously discover, evaluate and implement new technologies to maximize developer efficiency
- Mentor and support other developers on your team with code reviews, design feedback, and other advice and guidance
- Good knowledge of Swift and reactive programming
- 6+ years of experience in development of mobile applications
- Experience with leading a technical team is a bonus
- Very knowledgeable about architecture and design patterns
- Worked on and shipped large scale iOS applications
- Great product sense - you care about usability and good design
- Has worked collaboratively with product managers, designers, and other engineering teams to build complex products
- Strong communication skills and advanced proficiency in English
- Professional and stable working environment
- The latest technology and equipment you need
- 28 calendar days for vacation and 5 paid days off + company paid recharge days
- Medical & Life Insurance
- Wellness reimbursement
Wherever you’re headed, count on Lyft for rides in minutes. The Lyft app matches you with local drivers at the tap of a button. Just request and go.
Ride by ride, we’re changing the way our world works.
Want to learn more about Lyft? Visit Lyft's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.