Director, Product Management
Lyft, San Francisco, CA
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one
At Lyft, community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
The Product Management team works closely with our engineers to guide products from conception to launch, and with our business partners to generate profitable revenue streams. You will be responsible for bringing exceptional strategic and analytical skills to define our strategy and lead our execution in this highly cross-functional technological area. Through your leadership, you’ll bridge technical, business, and operations worlds as you design technologies with creative and prolific engineers, leverage your technical expertise to identify setbacks and roadblocks within a project and generate solutions for resolving them quickly. You will have a bias for action to break down complex problems into steps that drive product development at Lyft speed.
- Set your team’s goals, success metrics and roadmap to align with Lyft’s mission and drive maximum impact based on data analysis, market research and usability studies
- Ability to understand users, user needs, demands, hopes and dreams; you will be expected to deeply understand users, both at a cohort and individual level, and build solutions that satisfy/solve the user needs you discover
- Ideate and deliver products which will balance user happiness, driver pay and Lyft profit
- Lead and align cross functional partners and teams: engineers, designers, analysts, marketers, business partners and operations to drive a shared vision
- Communicate clearly roadmaps, priorities, experiments and decisions across a wide spectrum of audiences from partner teams to executive levels
- Build and manage a high performing and innovative product team; understand who the users are and the segmentation, identify the pain points of the target user segment(s), demonstrate user empathy when making Product/Feature trade-offs and tie our product strategy to company vision
- Master's Degree or equivalent work experience in a technical field is preferred
- 10+ years of Technical Product Management experience
- 5+ years of people management experience, leading high performing product teams
- Experience creating product roadmaps from conception to launch, driving product vision, defining go-to-market strategy, and leading design discussions
- Advanced problem-solving skills with the ability to think creatively to resolve difficult situations with a proven record of follow-through on assigned tasks
- Strong cross-functional relationship building with high empathy to understand the needs of other businesses and priorities
- Ability to maintain composure in critical situations and clearly communicate with different audiences
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment, subject to rapid change and innovation
- Active participant in defining workplace culture, product manager pathways and organizational design
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Until further notice, Lyft employees working in the United States in any capacity (on a daily or hybrid schedule or as a visitor) are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19. Employees are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after completion of the entire recommended series of vaccination (usually one or two doses) with a vaccine authorized to prevent COVID-19 by the federal Food and Drug Administration (FDA), including by way of an emergency use authorization. Lyft will maintain records associated with your vaccination history in a way that is compliant with all relevant Federal, state and local laws. Exceptions to this requirement are employees who require religious or medical exemption as approved through Lyft's accommodations process.
Wherever you’re headed, count on Lyft for rides in minutes. The Lyft app matches you with local drivers at the tap of a button. Just request and go.
Ride by ride, we’re changing the way our world works.
Want to learn more about Lyft? Visit Lyft's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.
Tech Jobs For You
Senior Manager, Business Development - Investment Products
Robinhood, Menlo Park, CA, or New York, NY
Strategic Account Manager - Washington, D.C. Area
Onapsis, Washington, District of Columbia, United States