Data Science Manager (Seattle)
Lyft, Seattle, WA
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one
- Lead a team of talented data scientists solving a variety of mathematical problems.
- Mentor and guide the professional and technical development of your team members: help develop their careers; assign them to projects tailored to their skill levels, personalities, work styles, and professional goals.
- Create plans for prioritizing technical and resourcing challenges in your organization.
- Maintain a balance between building principled, mathematically rigorous solutions and shipping things quickly.
- Work with data scientists, engineers and product managers to maintain a prioritized backlog and create short term and long term goals.
- Unblock your team members; help them build the necessary relationships across Lyft functions including Support, Marketing, Ops and BizDev.
- Build teams that are collaborative, inclusive, and respectful of each other.
- Provide continuous feedback, address underperformance, and recognize the individual strengths and contributions of your team members.
- Instill a spirit of continuous improvement in the team’s code, architecture, and processes.
- Work closely with the Lyft recruiting team to hire high potential candidates from diverse backgrounds.
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Statistics, Operations Research, Mathematics, Computer Science, or other quantitative field.
- 4+ years of hands-on technical or research experience.
- 2+ years of experience managing a team of data scientists.
- Penchant for solving unstructured and non-standard mathematical problems.
- Willingness to collaborate and communicate with others to drive projects to completion.
- Passionate about mentoring junior team members, and multiplying impact through technical leadership.
- Inclined towards thinking ahead and building for the future.
Wherever you’re headed, count on Lyft for rides in minutes. The Lyft app matches you with local drivers at the tap of a button. Just request and go.
Ride by ride, we’re changing the way our world works.
Want to learn more about Lyft? Visit https://www.lyft.com/
Jobs You May Like
Pinterest Labs Researcher
Pinterest, San Francisco
Snap Inc., Seattle, WA
Red Ventures, South Charlotte
Data Science Intern (New York) - Summer 2018
Etsy, Brooklyn, NY
Solution Architect, RevPro
Zuora, Boston, MA
User Experience Researcher - Buyer Insights
Etsy, Brooklyn, NY