What we are looking for:
- A passion for doing things the right way. A defendable opinion on what comprises the “right way” is a major plus.
- Demonstrate that you’ve built outstanding websites from concept to launch.
- A keen eye for interaction design and finishing touches.
- A sense of humor and/or an ability to convincingly simulate a sense of humor.
- An eagerness to work on a product that has an unusually passionate user base.
- An abundant desire to achieve perfection, but also a readiness to necessarily compromise.
- Excitement for our company and what we are trying to achieve in sustainable urban transportation.
- A willingness to enjoy delicious, free lunches.
What your day will look like:
- Brief daily meeting to sync with small cross-functional team (scrum).
- Go off and crank on your project, checking in with other team members throughout the day with questions and updates.
- You leave the code in a better state than when you found it (progressive refactor).
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality and distribute knowledge.
- Continuous integration and deployment.
- Go home knowing that your work today is meaningfully improving the lives of every Lyft driver and passenger.
- 2+ years of experience working as a Front End Engineer.
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Experience working with MVC frameworks like Angular.js.
- Understanding of user-centered design, progressive enhancement and graceful degradation, accessibility, SEO, responsive design, and website performance.
- Proficiency with Git/Github or other distributed version control systems.
- Proficiency with Chrome Developer Tools.
- Proficiency with the command line.
Optional, but a major plus:
- Proficiency with PHP, Python, Compass, and Angular.js.
- Experience with CSS preprocessors like Sass.
- Understanding of unit and integration testing.
- Experience working with the Facebook Platform and Leaflet.
- Contributions to open source projects.
- Mastery of recognizing Arial versus Helvetica.
Wherever you’re headed, count on Lyft for rides in minutes. The Lyft app matches you with local drivers at the tap of a button. Just request and go.
Ride by ride, we’re changing the way our world works.
Want to learn more about Lyft? Visit https://www.lyft.com/
Jobs You May Like
Manager, Customer Data Engineering & Analytics
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Sr. Network Engineer
PlayStation, Aliso Viejo, CA
Lead Full Stack Mobile (iOS/Android) Developer
Full Stack Developer
CB Insights, New York
Systems Engineer-Commerce Operations
PlayStation, San Diego, CA