Senior Android Engineer (Seattle)
Lyft, Seattle, WA
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one
- Work within our product teams to build new exciting features.
- Implement dp perfect designs with advanced animations.
- Improve our code base through continuous refactoring.
- Solve challenging real-time data transfer and synchronization problems.
- Extend and implement our APIs.
- Implement unit and integration tests.
- Keep up to date with the state-of-the-art of Android development.
- B.S./M.S. in Computer Science or the equivalent.
- Experience using design and architecture patterns.
- Deep understanding of unit testing.
- Strong knowledge of Java, Kotlin or NET.
- Good sense of usability and product.
- 5+ years experience with Android.
- Generalist engineer experience. Experience building web services, accessing various data storages.
- Track record of pursuing self directed side projects or open source projects.
- Shipped Android apps, ideally available on Google Play.
Recommended Reading List:
- Refactoring: Improving the Design of Existing Code
- Design Patterns: Elements of Reusable Object-Oriented Software
- The Art of Unit Testing
- Patterns of Enterprise Application Architecture
- Clean Code: A Handbook of Agile Software Craftsmanship
Wherever you’re headed, count on Lyft for rides in minutes. The Lyft app matches you with local drivers at the tap of a button. Just request and go.
Ride by ride, we’re changing the way our world works.
Want to learn more about Lyft? Visit https://www.lyft.com/
Jobs You May Like
Product Manager - Pivotal Labs
Pivotal Software, Seattle, WA
QA Team Lead
Forward Deployed Software Engineer
Palantir Technologies, New York, NY
Senior Data Engineer
Software Engineer, Security
The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, Palo Alto