Senior Front End Engineer
Lyft, San Francisco, CA
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one
What We Value
- A passion for doing things the right way.
- A defendable opinion on what comprises the “right way” is a major plus.
- Demonstrate that you’ve built outstanding web applications from concept to launch.
- The ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively, depending on the project and team needs.
- Expert at developing for the mobile web. Bonus points for experience with progressive web applications.
- A keen eye for interaction design and finishing touches.
- A passion for web performance. You may even have a #perfmatters sticker on your laptop.
- An eagerness to work on a product that has an unusually passionate user base.
- An abundant desire to achieve perfection, but also a readiness to necessarily compromise.
- Excitement for our company and what we are trying to achieve in sustainable urban transportation.
- A willingness to enjoy delicious, free lunches.
What Your Day Will Look Like
- Brief daily meeting to sync with small cross-functional team (scrum).
- Go off and crank on your project, checking in with other team members throughout the day with questions and updates.
- You leave the code in a better state than when you found it (progressive refactor).
- Write comprehensive tests of functionality, and ensure that they pass.
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality and distribute knowledge.
- Continuous integration and deployment.
- Go home knowing that your work today is meaningfully improving the lives of every Lyft driver and passenger.
- 5+ years of industry experience working as a Front End Engineer.
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Good understanding of how browsers and DOM work.
- Experience using web build tools, such as Webpack, Gulp, and Grunt.
- Understanding of user-centered design, progressive enhancement and graceful degradation, accessibility, SEO, responsive design, and website performance.
- Proficiency with Git or other distributed version control systems.
- Proficiency with browser developer tools.
- Proficiency with the Unix command line interface.
- Solid understanding of web performance.
- Experience with web asset optimization and content delivery networks.
- Proficiency with TypeScript, Python, Go, and/or Bash.
- Experience with CSS preprocessors like Sass.
- Understanding of unit, integration, and end-to-end testing.
- Experience with modern front end testing tools, such as Webpack, Babel, Jest, Jasmine, Protractor, and WebDriver.
- Contributions to open source projects.
- Mastery of recognizing Arial vs Helvetica.
- Familiarity with Docker and containerized computing.
Wherever you’re headed, count on Lyft for rides in minutes. The Lyft app matches you with local drivers at the tap of a button. Just request and go.
Ride by ride, we’re changing the way our world works.
Want to learn more about Lyft? Visit https://www.lyft.com/
Jobs You May Like
Technical Writer Engineering - Contractor
Magic Leap, Inc., Austin, TX
Cloud & Web Security Team Leader
Magic Leap, Inc., Tel Aviv, Israel
HW Verification and Test Manager
Fitbit, US - San Francisco
Analyst - Infrastructure and Energy Storage
ESC, Birmingham City Centre
Solutions Architect - Sydney
Qualtrics , Sydney
Senior FE/Mobile Software Engineer
WorkMarket, Toronto, ON