Senior Front End Engineer
Lyft, San Francisco, CA
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one
What we value:
- A passion for doing things the right way.
- A defendable opinion on what comprises the “right way” is a major plus.
- Demonstrate that you’ve built outstanding web applications from concept to launch.
- The ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively, depending on the project and team needs.
- Expert at developing for the mobile web. Bonus points for experience with progressive web applications.
- A keen eye for interaction design and finishing touches.
- A passion for web performance. You may even have a #perfmatters sticker on your laptop.
- An eagerness to work on a product that has an unusually passionate user base.
- An abundant desire to achieve perfection, but also a readiness to necessarily compromise.
- Excitement for our company and what we are trying to achieve in sustainable urban transportation.
- A willingness to enjoy delicious, free lunches.
What your day will look like:
- Brief daily meeting to sync with small cross-functional team (scrum).
- Go off and crank on your project, checking in with other team members throughout the day with questions and updates.
- You leave the code in a better state than when you found it (progressive refactor).
- Write comprehensive tests of functionality, and ensure that they pass.
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality and distribute knowledge.
- Continuous integration and deployment.
- Go home knowing that your work today is meaningfully improving the lives of every Lyft driver and passenger.
- 5+ years of experience working as a Front End Engineer.
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Good understanding of how browsers and DOM work.
- Experience using web build tools, such as Webpack, Gulp, and Grunt.
- Understanding of user-centered design, progressive enhancement and graceful degradation, accessibility, SEO, responsive design, and website performance.
- Proficiency with Git or other distributed version control systems.
- Proficiency with browser developer tools.
- Proficiency with the Unix command line interface.
- Solid understanding of web performance.
- Experience with web asset optimization and content delivery networks.
Optional, but a major plus:
- Proficiency with TypeScript, Python, Go, and/or Bash.
- Experience with CSS preprocessors like Sass.
- Understanding of unit, integration, and end-to-end testing.
- Experience with modern front end testing tools, such as Webpack, Babel, Jest, Jasmine, Protractor, and WebDriver.
- Contributions to open source projects.
- Mastery of recognizing Arial vs Helvetica.
- Familiarity with Docker and containerized computing.
Wherever you’re headed, count on Lyft for rides in minutes. The Lyft app matches you with local drivers at the tap of a button. Just request and go.
Ride by ride, we’re changing the way our world works.
Want to learn more about Lyft? Visit https://www.lyft.com/
Jobs You May Like
Software Engineer, Product Security
Airbnb, San Francisco, California
Information Security Engineer
Snap Inc., Los Angeles, CA
Tech lead (Wuhan)
Senior Analytics Engineer, Marketing
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Software Engineer - UI
Dropbox, San Francisco, CA
Sr. Software Engineer, Test
PlayStation, Aliso Viejo, CA