Software Engineer, Financial Infrastructure
Lyft, San Francisco, CA
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one
Lyft engineering creates services to foster a remarkable marketplace to connect passengers and drivers in our community. Our financial infrastructure team is charged with ensuring that we have highly accurate and reliable financial data available to the business. In addition to building a seamless and reliable financial data pipeline, this team will also build analysis tools for financial planning and analysis. The quality and reliability of this information is fundamental for Lyft’s ability to make the best decisions to drive future growth, raise capital and meet our financial compliance obligations. The team must maintain a very high bar for data quality while supporting the rapidly increasing amount of transactions and the growing complexity of the business. The challenge is high but the business can’t move to the next level of growth and sustainability without the financial infrastructure delivering on its objectives.
If you are motivated to make an impact on creating a robust and scalable financial infrastructure, this is the opportunity for you and let us have a conversation.
- Hands-on experience with highly reliable distributed systems.
- Passion for platform applications that empower product features.
- Rigor in code quality and architecture design.
- Comfort working with cross-functional stakeholders.
- Proficiency in SQL language and some RDBMS.
- Expertise in MPP database (e.g. Redshift) and NoSQL (e.g. MongoDB, DynamoDB).
- Previous experience with financial, accounting, and payments systems.
- Knowledge of financial planning and analytics (FP&A).
Lyft is an EEO employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce, and pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Wherever you’re headed, count on Lyft for rides in minutes. The Lyft app matches you with local drivers at the tap of a button. Just request and go.
Ride by ride, we’re changing the way our world works.
Want to learn more about Lyft? Visit