Software Engineer, Security Detection & Response
Lyft, San Francisco, CA
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one
What you will do:
- Build and deploy tools to improve detection and response capabilities on Lyft production systems and endpoints. This could range from better alerts on top of our existing log infrastructure to deploying osquery on our laptop fleet.
- Work with other teams to ensure that all critical systems and workflows have effective and appropriate detection and alerting.
- Develop runbooks for IT and security teams to handle likely or frequent incident types and help scale incident response activities within the team and across the company.
- Test the effectiveness of our detection and response capabilities through tabletop exercises and internal red teaming.
- Investigate and handle alerts, reports of unusual behavior, and security incidents.
- Participate in an on-call rotation to handle high-severity security alerts and incidents.
- Conduct your own research and stay on top of of new research, attacks, and industry trends.
- You have experience with (or a deep interest in) computer security, ideally in both attacking and defending web applications and their supporting infrastructure.
- You're a software engineer with solid experience in a high level programming language. Bonus points for experience with C and shell scripts.
- You're a great communicator and can advocate for your proposals while also empathizing with your teammates' goals and priorities.
- You understand that security work must be prioritized because all teams have finite resources. You have good judgment and a sense of when to compromise and when to hold your ground.
- When facing a problem that's poorly defined or outside of your expertise, you can quickly learn what you need to dig in, make sense of the problem, and start working towards a solution.
In addition, our ideal candidate has experience with a subset of:
- Teaching your coworkers about security best practices.
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) or another cloud infrastructure provider.
- Host instrumentation and monitoring for fleets of Linux or macOS systems.
- Instrumentation and monitoring for corporate IT infrastructure.
- Reverse engineering, malware analysis, or digital forensics.
- Data analysis, machine learning, or anomaly detection.
- Computer network security or major computer networking protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, HTTP, TLS, DNS).
Wherever you’re headed, count on Lyft for rides in minutes. The Lyft app matches you with local drivers at the tap of a button. Just request and go.
Ride by ride, we’re changing the way our world works.
Want to learn more about Lyft? Visit https://www.lyft.com/
Jobs You May Like
Senior Security Architect
Twitch, San Francisco, CA
Software Engineer - Mobile Platform (iOS)
Dropbox, San Francisco, CA
Business Intelligence Analyst/Developer
IT Support Specialist
Zuora, San Mateo, CA
Forward Deployed Software Engineer
Palantir Technologies, Wellington, New Zealand