Software Engineer, Data Privacy
Lyft, San Francisco, CA
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one
What You'll Do:
- Develop critical frameworks that control access to systems, encrypt sensitive data and create audit trails.
- Build and launch tools that continuously and automatically identify vulnerabilities and undesirable practices improving visibility for incident response.
- Identify weaknesses in technical and human workflows; develop solutions to mitigate or correct weaknesses.
- Consult with engineering teams on privacy issues throughout the software development life-cycle.
- Build and launch distributed systems in AWS, built on top of NoSQL datastores such as DynamoDB, MongoDB, etc.
- Consult with engineering and legal teams to understand data retention, deletion, use and exposure requirements.
- Advocate for data privacy throughout the organization.
- You’re a software engineer with experience in at least one modern object oriented programming language. You love to code and are excited at the prospect of launching services and tools in a rapidly changing environment.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills. You thrive in collaborative environments.
- You have sound judgment and a strong work ethic. You can independently triage and prioritize work.
- You challenge the status quo. You see weak spots in complex systems, come up with solutions and advocate for them.
Our ideal candidate has experience with a subset of:
- Implementing coding standards, source control management, build processes, code reviews and testing.
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) or another cloud infrastructure provider.
- NoSQL datastores (e.g. MongoDB, DynamoDB).Building distributed systems or web applications at scale.
- Secure coding frameworks (e.g. OWASP Top 10).Web application frameworks like Flask and Angular.
Wherever you’re headed, count on Lyft for rides in minutes. The Lyft app matches you with local drivers at the tap of a button. Just request and go.
Ride by ride, we’re changing the way our world works.
Want to learn more about Lyft? Visit Lyft's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Infrastructure Engineer
Wealthfront, Redwood City, CA
Test Engineer (Applications) - Contractor
Magic Leap, Inc., Sunnyvale, CA
Datto, Reading, UK
MES Administrator - Contractor
Magic Leap, Inc., Plantation, FL
Senior Consultant, South Region
MuleSoft, Atlanta, Austin, Dallas, Florida, Remote