Software Engineering Manager, Data Platform
Lyft, San Francisco, CA
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one
- Lead a team of talented engineers who like to ship code and tackle hard engineering problems.
- Mentor and guide the professional and technical development of your team members. Help develop their careers, and assign them to projects tailored to their skill levels, personalities, work styles, and professional goals.
- Build teams that are collaborative, inclusive, and respectful of each other.
- Provide continuous feedback, address underperformance, and recognize the individual strengths and contributions of your team members.
- Create plans for prioritizing technical and resourcing challenges in your organization.
- Maintain a balance between building sustainable, high-impact projects and shipping things quickly.
- Instill a spirit of continuous improvement in the team’s code, architecture, and processes.
- Work closely with the Lyft recruiting team to hire high potential candidates from diverse backgrounds.
- Work with your engineers and/or product managers to maintain a prioritized backlog and create short term and long term goals.
- Own your team’s deliverables and ensure we continue to ship scalable, highly-available products that delight our passengers and drivers.
- Help your team build relationships across functions with Support, Marketing, Ops, BizDev, or other teams to ensure Lyft’s continuing success.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- 10+ years of software infrastructure experience
- Extensive experience managing and scaling high-performing teams of engineers
- Deep familiarity with Big Data infrastructure technologies like Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Presto.
- Skilled at managing cross-functional relationships and communicating with leadership across multiple organizations and regionally-based teams
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, challenging environment where decisions you make will have a large impact
- You have a technical background and are able to contribute to planning and design discussions.
- You are steadfastly focused on your customers, whether they are drivers, passengers, or other Lyft employees.
- You have experience leading a team of engineers and guiding them through their career development.
- You believe in building both teams and products that scale.
- You enjoy working in a collaborative environment, and you’re committed to driving projects to completion creatively.
- You can motivate and instill a strong sense of ownership in your team.
- You have experience guiding teams through planning, prioritization, and execution of work.
- You think ahead and build for the future.
Wherever you’re headed, count on Lyft for rides in minutes. The Lyft app matches you with local drivers at the tap of a button. Just request and go.
Ride by ride, we’re changing the way our world works.
Want to learn more about Lyft? Visit https://www.lyft.com/
Jobs You May Like
Director, PlayStation Games – Program Management
PlayStation, San Francisco, CA
Engineering Team Lead - Frontend
Squarespace, New York, NY
Senior Software Engineer
Red Ventures, South Charlotte
Software Engineer, Data
Evernote, Redwood City, CA
User Experience Research Intern
PlayStation, San Mateo, CA
Software Engineering Intern- Summer 2018
Peloton, New York, NY