Product Lead, Express Drive
Lyft, San Francisco, CA
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one
At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
We are looking for a Product Manager to lead our Express Drive team. Express Drive is a strategic business within Lyft with the mandate of providing drivers with low cost access to a car while building the foundational capabilities for Lyft autonomous future. We are redefining the vehicle access landscape as the rideshare industry’s largest flexible vehicle offering in the US. We do this by managing our own vehicle marketplace, building patent-pending pricing technologies and developing predictive intelligence by using vehicle telematics and connected car technologies.
The Product Lead in this role will work closely with engineers, science and design to guide and deliver on the strategy for Express Drive, and with our business partners to generate profitable revenue streams. You will be responsible for bringing exceptional strategic and analytical skills to define our strategy and lead our execution in this highly cross-functional operational and technological area. Through your leadership, you’ll bridge technical, business, and operations worlds as you design technologies to take our business to the next stage of growth. Our teams are solving the most challenging technical, operational and human problems in the industry with all of the data, technologies, and methodologies enabled by Lyft’s scale. We are looking for an entrepreneurial and a passionate Product Manager to innovate and execute across a rapidly growing, fast-paced company and industry from our San Francisco headquarters.
- Accelerate the growth of Express Drive’s offering, including defining program strategy, shaping the renter experience, innovating on pricing strategy, driving cross-functional execution, and partnering with other cross functional Lyft product teams.
- Set your team’s goals, success metrics and roadmap to align with Lyft’s mission and drive maximum impact based on data analysis, market research and usability studies
- Manage and develop a team of product managers to execute against a comprehensive and unified roadmap
- Lead and align cross functional partners and teams: engineers, designers, scientists, marketers, business partners and operations to drive a shared vision
- Spearhead the product strategy and foundational tech capabilities to grow our addressable market and create a best in class vehicle offering by leveraging telematics, machine learning, and more.
- Partner with Finance to manage the P&L for Express Drive and develop features and cross-functional initiatives to ensure delivery on financial targets.
- Partner with and influence the roadmaps of multiple other Lyft product teams including Fleet Platform, Driver Experience, Driver Growth, Risk Solutions, Pay and more.
- 2+ years of people management experience, leading high performing product teams
- 6+ years experience of building consumer facing and/or platform products
- Established history of close collaboration with financials, data, machine learning and research science
- Experience creating product roadmaps from conception to launch, driving product vision, defining go-to-market strategy, and leading design discussions
- High analytical and technical acumen along with strong business sense that guides ROI based prioritization
- Demonstrated subject matter expertise with a commitment to excellence, analytics rigor and focus on customer experience
- Enjoy working on consumer facing products with significant scale expectations and a passionate engineering team
- Confident in decision-making, providing concise, clear, direct communication at all levels (up to executive); Ability to maintain composure in critical situations
- Strong cross-functional relationship building with high empathy to understand the needs of other businesses and priorities
- Strong ability to work with full autonomy and little direct oversight
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience preferred
- Experience working with distributed teams preferred
- Active participant in defining Lyft's and org’s culture; enthusiasm about Lyft and aligned with Lyft’s core values
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Until further notice, Lyft employees working in the United States and Canada in any capacity (on a daily or hybrid schedule or as a visitor) are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19. Employees are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after completion of the entire recommended series of vaccination (usually one or two doses) with a vaccine authorized to prevent COVID-19 by the federal Food and Drug Administration (FDA), including by way of an emergency use authorization. Lyft will maintain records associated with your vaccination history in a way that is compliant with all relevant Federal, state and local laws. Exceptions to this requirement are employees who require religious or medical exemption as approved through Lyft's accommodations process.
Wherever you’re headed, count on Lyft for rides in minutes. The Lyft app matches you with local drivers at the tap of a button. Just request and go.
Ride by ride, we’re changing the way our world works.
Want to learn more about Lyft? Visit Lyft's website.
The best bed for better sleep
Tech Jobs For You
Lead Product Manager - Community Participation Products (Remote)
Yelp, Manchester, England, United Kingdom