At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
Lyft is looking for a motivated Senior Accountant to join the Insurance and Investments team. This role will be critical in building a world class accounting organization to support our growth. This is an amazing opportunity to join a quickly developing team and make an immediate impact to the business. The ideal candidate must thrive in a fast-paced environment and be adaptable to changing responsibilities and priorities.
- Assist in managing the monthly close process for Lyft insurance and investments (including but not limited to monthly investment activity, prepaid amortization and accruals)
- Assist in balance sheet reconciliations and flux analyses in accordance with close calendar timelines
- Assist in support of external audit, including preparation of audit requests and ongoing support
- Coordinate with cross-functional partners to facilitate streamlined processes
- Assist in documentation/implementation of internal controls and ensure SOX compliance in areas of responsibility
- Proactively identify process inefficiencies and offer suggestions for improvements
- Perform special, ad-hoc projects in Accounting/Finance as requested
- BS in Accounting/Finance, CPA license preferred
- 4+ years in Accounting, including public accounting experience preferred
- Strong organizational, verbal, and written communication skills
- Strong accounting research and problem-solving skills
- Experience in Microsoft with a strong emphasis on Excel is a must; Oracle Cloud/ERP experience is preferred
- Insurance and Investments experience is a plus but not required
- Ability to operate independently and as part of a larger functional team
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Wherever you’re headed, count on Lyft for rides in minutes. The Lyft app matches you with local drivers at the tap of a button. Just request and go.
Ride by ride, we’re changing the way our world works.
Want to learn more about Lyft? Visit Lyft's website.
The leading leasing, marketing, and asset management platform taking commercial real estate businesses online.