Lyft is seeking a User Experience Researcher to join our growing team and partner with Design, Product Management, Analytics, and Engineering in order to derive deep insights about our users’ behaviors and attitudes, and to communicate results and actionable recommendations across the company. You’ll think big about new areas, test concepts as they are being developed, and evaluate products once they’ve rolled out. You will aspire to elevate the user experience for our drivers and passengers across 300+ cities nationwide.
You are an excellent communicator and a flexible team player that can thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic working environment. You are also comfortable working closely with passionate designers, product managers, and engineers that care deeply about creating experiences that bring people together.
- Design and conduct studies across key product areas, utilizing methods such as ethnographic/field research, diary studies, surveys, user/usability testing (remote and in-person), and any other methods you find impactful
- Review, analyze, and communicate qualitative data to generate tactical and strategic insights, as well as actionable recommendations which drive product innovation and design improvements for users
- Partner with our quantitative UX and analytics partners to provide qualitative context for their quantitative insights
- Find creative and compelling ways to generate, present, and evangelize results and recommendations throughout the company, in order to help cultivate a highly informed, more effective, and more empathetic organization
- 4+ years of experience with Product organizations, conducting qualitative research studies, including usability/user testing, surveys, and user interviews
- Undergraduate degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, Computer Science, Cognitive Science, or a related field OR comparable UX research experience
- Ability to communicate and coordinate cross-functionally in order to engage stakeholders from across the organization
- Proven experience working with key company stakeholders, with the ability to educate teams about user research
- Willingness to take initiative, run with projects, and speak up when support and guidance is needed
- Meticulous eye for detail
- Strong listening, analytical, and organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Enthusiasm for a team-oriented, collaborative, highly energetic, fun and fast-paced environment
- Graduate degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, Computer Science, Cognitive Science, or a related field
- Strong experience driving results with mobile platforms
- Understanding of quantitative methods, behavioral analysis, and statistical concepts
- Design thinking methods and brainstorm facilitation
- Visual communication, information design, and wireframing skills
Lyft is an EEO employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce, and pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Wherever you’re headed, count on Lyft for rides in minutes. The Lyft app matches you with local drivers at the tap of a button. Just request and go.
Ride by ride, we’re changing the way our world works.