Director of Technical Accounting
Lyft, San Francisco, CA
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one
Director of Technical Accounting
At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
We are seeking a Director of Technical Accounting to lead all aspects of corporate technical accounting at Lyft. This is a critical Finance leadership role that will interface across various teams, LOBs and senior levels of the company, as well as the internal and external auditors. You will provide leadership and technical guidance of accounting policy development and financial reporting within the assigned functional area(s).
Your and your team’s breadth will include accounting research, drafting accounting policies and memos, providing technical support to members of the Finance and Accounting team and helping with M&A diligence. As the subject matter expert on all technical accounting topics and team development, you will take ownership of all research, documentation, and implementation of FASB pronouncements. You will also be entrusted with all oral and written communication with senior leadership and external auditors for technical accounting, reporting, and accounting policies.
This role is to be based full-time in San Francisco or New York.
- Provide strategic leadership of short and long-term technical accounting goals that are aligned with Lyft’s mission and Core Values
- Review, interpret and develop diverse policies to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures, GAAP, Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB), Emerging Issues Task Force (EITF), and other regulatory requirements. Introduce thoughtful accounting techniques as a means to implement positive change and/or create organizational structure
- Provide interpretation of new GAAP and SEC rules and regulations and their potential effect on the business. Ensure clear and concise written documentation of accounting conclusions and accounting policies.
- Direct process improvement projects; delegating and managing project execution and planning.
- Maintain a positive, results-oriented work environment and provide leadership, guidance and coaching for all direct reports to maintain an engaged and productive workforce
- Collaborate with leadership across the company to establish clear and concise development plans to ensure succession planning, and advancement of future leaders within team
- Minimal travel may be required when circumstances permit in the future
- Close to 15+ year’s related experience; several years of experience in one of the “Big 4” public accounting firms preferred
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license is required. Also, strong working knowledge of accounting methods and workflows
- You’ve multiple times managed teams directly and are invested in building teams with diverse backgrounds and perspectives
- Hands-on leader. You’re resourceful, forward-thinking, drawn to building off of ambiguous and unsolved problems and have an "own the outcome" mindset. Also, you are excited to be on the cutting edge of applications of GAAP
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced, high energy environment
- You’re an exceptionally strong collaborator that brings groups together to make impact
- You have a lot of exposure to influencing and partnering with a diverse group of stakeholders, able to partner with deeply technical as well as operational, business-minded leaders
- You devote time to and are passionate about educating, mentoring and teaching partners the values and business impact behind technical accounting
- Your strengths span both analytical and organizational skills as well as excellent oral and written communication skills. Most importantly, exceptionally detail-oriented
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Until further notice, Lyft employees working in the United States in any capacity (on a daily or hybrid schedule or as a visitor) are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19. Employees are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after completion of the entire recommended series of vaccination (usually one or two doses) with a vaccine authorized to prevent COVID-19 by the federal Food and Drug Administration (FDA), including by way of an emergency use authorization. Lyft will maintain records associated with your vaccination history in a way that is compliant with all relevant Federal, state and local laws. Exceptions to this requirement are employees who require religious or medical exemption as approved through Lyft's accommodations process.
Wherever you’re headed, count on Lyft for rides in minutes. The Lyft app matches you with local drivers at the tap of a button. Just request and go.
Ride by ride, we’re changing the way our world works.
Want to learn more about Lyft? Visit Lyft's website.
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.