Embedded Software/Firmware Engineer
Lyft, San Francisco, CA
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one
At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
Lyft’s Bikes & Scooters team is developing the future of micro-mobility and we are looking for a Firmware Engineer to help drive the development of our newest vehicles and sustain our fleet in operation. Our active fleet includes state-of-the-art electric bikes and scooters, services tens of millions of rides per year, and is rapidly growing. Our engineers are smart, flexible, and love solving difficult challenges, and we're looking for a motivated professional to join the team in San Francisco.
- Develop features for embedded systems across our micro-mobility product line (vehicles, docks, internal tools)
- Work with cross-functional teams to prototype, develop, and take to production our next generation of world-class mobility products
- Work on refinements and updates to to improve the overall experience on existing products
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience developing in C/C++ for embedded systems
- Familiarity with using Python for scripting
- Understanding of low-level OS concepts(memory management, scheduling, threads, interrupts)
Additional Nice to Haves:
- Experience using an embedded real-time OS (FreeRTOS, ThreadX, etc)
- Familiarity with ARM Cortex-M line of processors
- Hands-on experience in supporting electrical bring-up and debugging
- Strong embedded debugging skills including ability to use debug probes, signal analyzers, oscilloscopes and power analyzers
- Experience translating product needs into actionable schedules
- Strong communications skills for articulating technical approaches and sharing out risk and progress to non-technical audiences
- Strong understanding of distributed systems concepts
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Until further notice, Lyft employees working in the United States in any capacity (on a daily or hybrid schedule or as a visitor) are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19. Employees are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after completion of the entire recommended series of vaccination (usually one or two doses) with a vaccine authorized to prevent COVID-19 by the federal Food and Drug Administration (FDA), including by way of an emergency use authorization. Lyft will maintain records associated with your vaccination history in a way that is compliant with all relevant Federal, state and local laws. Exceptions to this requirement are employees who require religious or medical exemption as approved through Lyft's accommodations process.
Wherever you’re headed, count on Lyft for rides in minutes. The Lyft app matches you with local drivers at the tap of a button. Just request and go.
Ride by ride, we’re changing the way our world works.
Want to learn more about Lyft? Visit Lyft's website.
Payroll Services. Benefits. Compliance.