Micromobility Policy Development Manager
Lyft, New York, NY
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one
At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
Lyft’s Transit, Bikes, and Scooters (TBS) division is tackling some of the most interesting and impactful problems in urban transportation.TBS is looking for an experienced Micromobility Policy Development Manager to join our fast-growing and fast-paced team - which oversees bikeshare and scooter operations across 15 major markets and in-app trip planning for public transit systems. Based in New York City, you will help chart a new chapter of growth for the line of business, helping lead the development and implementation of new public-private partnerships (P3s) in the micromobility space. Partnering with cross-functional stakeholders, you will work in a fast paced and agile environment to evaluate new business opportunities for TBS. You must be an analytical thinker and phenomenal relationship manager, adept at crafting elegant solutions to complex problems and influencing top-level decision making. From bikes and scooters to future platforms, you will be at the forefront of driving new initiatives to revolutionize multimodal technology.
- Serve as a cross-functional partner to the Transit, Bikes, and Scooter line of business, helping bring a policy perspective early on into decision-making processes.
- Identify new policy and business opportunities to grow micromobility across North America and beyond. Help articulate business cases for new initiatives and develop actionable recommendations.
- Lead research that examines innovative business models and public-private partnerships (P3s) that support growth of the micromobility industry.
- Oversee contracting processes for new business ventures, working with a multi-stakeholder team composed of Lyft’s Policy, Operations, Finance, Legal, and Business Strategy units.
- Develop P3 models that balance business objectives with city policy goals around sustainability and equity.
- Promote Lyft’s P3 approach and success stories at transportation and infrastructure conferences and events.
- 4+ years of experience in consulting, strategy & operations, transit, technology, investment banking, analytics or related fields.
- A passion for Lyft’s mission of improving people’s lives with the world’s best transportation.
- Experience in developing P3s - ideally in the transportation sector.
- Experience working in or with public sector agencies in government procurement or budgeting processes.
- Outstanding oral and written communicator who tailors the message and medium by audience and adeptly partners up, down, and across the organization
- Passionate about stepping out of your comfort zone and applying your knowledge to new opportunities in a creative and entrepreneurial way.
- Excellent quantitative and financial acumen.
- Advanced Excel/Google Sheets skills; SQL is a plus.
- Proactive and excited to take a hands-on approach to work through uncertainty.
- Multi-dimensionally curious and quick to learn new concepts spanning procurement, biz dev, operations, supply chain, product, engineering, design, policy and beyond.
- Graduate-level degree in business (MBA), urban planning, or law is strongly preferred.
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Wherever you’re headed, count on Lyft for rides in minutes. The Lyft app matches you with local drivers at the tap of a button. Just request and go.
Ride by ride, we’re changing the way our world works.
Want to learn more about Lyft? Visit Lyft's website.
Come join the Gemini team and help us build the future of money!
Jobs You May Like
Supply Chain and Operations – Management Consulting Planning M...
Accenture, Multiple Locations, USA