Product Manager, Platform (Transit, Bikes & Scooters)
Lyft, Montreal, Canada
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one
At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
Lyft connects people to transportation to change the way we live and get around our communities. Lyft is North America’s leader in micromobility. We provide the software that powers BIXI, and we own and/or operate bikeshare in New York (Citi Bike), Chicago (Divvy), San Francisco (Bay Wheels), Portland (Biketown), Boston (BlueBikes), DC (Capital Bikeshare), and Minneapolis (Nice Ride). We also provide scooter service in those and other major cities across the country.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial and passionate Product Manager to join our Montreal office to work on Lyft’s micromobility platform. Our Montreal office developed the first automated bikes-share system in America, and continues to work on the platform today that provides state-of-the-art electric bikes and scooters for tens of millions of rides per year. We provide infrastructure and tooling around our on-street hardware assets, to ensure that riders have the right vehicle available to them when they need it, at the lowest cost to the business. The foundation we build ensures that our partner teams have the services and data needed to deliver all aspects of Lyft’s micromobility vision.
As the Product Manager for our microbility platform, you will own development and future growth of the platform, as Lyft continues to offer more bikes and scooters to more riders. You will work collaboratively across our partner team supporting efficient operations and a frictionless rider experience, and with cross-cutting teams to ensure our assets are connected and secure on street (and provide the data and visibility to solve problems when something goes wrong).
In this role, you will bring creative, strategic, and analytical skills to drive forward a best in class product. Product management at Lyft leads the integration of engineering, data science, and design to achieve the company’s vision for reinventing transportation. The ideal candidate can navigate complex technical topics, strategic problem solving, and team development to deliver business impact. If you’re driven, collaborative, resourceful, and can communicate complex ideas with ease, then we’d like to talk to you.
- Lead the long-term vision and strategy of our micromobility platform, laying the foundation to scale by optimizing rider needs and technical efficiency
- Define and create platform capabilities for bikes, scooters and stations, aligning with stakeholders and scaling services across Lyft
- Understand Lyft's strategic and competitive position. Set your team's goals, success metrics and roadmap to align with Lyft's mission and drive maximum impact based on data analysis, market research and usability studies
- Completely own your team's products, existing or new, from ideation, through development, to launch, growth and maintenance.
- Dive deep with your development team, with full understanding and communication of each decision and trade-off you make
- Align cross functional partners and teams beyond your development team: other teams marketers, business partners and operations to drive a shared vision
- Communicate clearly roadmaps, priorities, experiments and decisions across a wide spectrum of audiences from partner teams to executive levels
- Serve as a champion of our riders and their needs at all levels of the company
- Natural ability to make things happen around you. You manage ambiguity, complexity and interdependencies in an organized and structured way. You are able to define and analyze metrics that inform the success of products
- Experience in the customer discovery and product requirement development process
- 3+ years of experience in product management, product development or equivalent consultant experience
- Passion for improving people’s lives through transportation
- Excellent judgment and thoughtfulness about the dynamics of a product ecosystem
- Ability to conceptualize, manage and prioritize multiple projects for stakeholders
- Detail orientated with superior organizational skills — balancing multiple projects, deadlines, and requests should be second nature to you
- Strong communication skills and intuition for communication strategy at every level — within teams, within the company, to users, to press, and other audiences
- Extended health and dental coverage options, along with life insurance and disability benefits
- Mental health benefits
- Access to a Health Care Savings Account
- In addition to provincial observed holidays, team members get 15 days paid time off, with an additional day for each year of service
- 4 Floating Holidays each calendar year prorated based off of date of hire
- 10 paid sick days per year regardless of province
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
Lyft proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft believes that every person has a right to equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, pardoned record of offences, or any other basis protected by applicable law or by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Accommodation for persons with disabilities will be provided upon request in accordance with applicable law during the application and hiring process. Please contact your recruiter now if you wish to make such a request.
Until further notice, Lyft employees working in the United States and Canada in any capacity (on a daily or hybrid schedule or as a visitor) are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19. Employees are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after completion of the entire recommended series of vaccination (usually one or two doses) with a vaccine authorized to prevent COVID-19 by the federal Food and Drug Administration (FDA), including by way of an emergency use authorization. Lyft will maintain records associated with your vaccination history in a way that is compliant with all relevant Federal, state and local laws. Exceptions to this requirement are employees who require religious or medical exemption as approved through Lyft's accommodations process.
Wherever you’re headed, count on Lyft for rides in minutes. The Lyft app matches you with local drivers at the tap of a button. Just request and go.
Ride by ride, we’re changing the way our world works.
Want to learn more about Lyft? Visit Lyft's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.