Software Engineer Intern, Frontend (2022)
Lyft, Seattle, WA
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one
At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
We care deeply about delivering the best transportation experience; this means the best experience for the passenger and the best experience for the driver. We believe this quality of service can only be achieved with a deep understanding of our world, our cities, our streets… how they evolve, how they breathe.
Interns work side-by-side with top engineers in the industry while having autonomy from the get-go. They contribute to user-facing products and are able to see their work go live quickly. Lyft fosters a collaborative environment in the office, so there's always a sharp mind eager to hear about your next idea. So what's yours?
- Own your project, while checking in with other team members throughout the day with questions and updates
- You leave the code in a better state than when you found it (progressive refactor)
- You value reliability, ensured by testing (unit, integration and load tests)
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality and distribute knowledge
- Continuous integration and deployment
- Go home knowing that your work today is meaningfully improving the lives of every Lyft driver and every Lyft passenger!
- Currently pursuing a degree in Computer Science or a related field, with at least one additional term of school to complete after the end of this internship
- Available during either Spring 2022, Summer 2022, or Fall 2022 for an internship
- Understanding of how browsers and DOM work
- Experience with Git or other distributed version control systems
- Experience with browser developer tools
- Experience with the Unix command line interface
- Solid understanding of web performance
- Experience with TypeScript
- Experience with CSS preprocessors like Sass
- Understanding of unit, integration, and end-to-end testing
- Experience with modern frontend testing tools, such as Webpack, Babel, Jest, Jasmine, Protractor, and WebDriver
- Excellent communication skills
- Passion for community, sustainability, and/or transportation
- Ability to thrive in a startup environment
- Experience with real-time technology problems
- Experience solving real-time technology problems
- Previous work with social networks
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to holidays, interns receive 1 day paid time off and 3 days sick time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Until further notice, Lyft employees working in the United States in any capacity (on a daily or hybrid schedule or as a visitor) are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19. Employees are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after completion of the entire recommended series of vaccination (usually one or two doses) with a vaccine authorized to prevent COVID-19 by the federal Food and Drug Administration (FDA), including by way of an emergency use authorization. Lyft will maintain records associated with your vaccination history in a way that is compliant with all relevant Federal, state and local laws. Exceptions to this requirement are employees who require religious or medical exemption as approved through Lyft’s accommodations process.
Wherever you’re headed, count on Lyft for rides in minutes. The Lyft app matches you with local drivers at the tap of a button. Just request and go.
Ride by ride, we’re changing the way our world works.
Want to learn more about Lyft? Visit Lyft's website.
A monthly box of dog goodies