Product Manager, Rider App
Lyft, San Francisco, CA
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one
At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
Lyft connects people to transportation to change the way we live and get around our communities. We are looking for product managers who bring exceptional creative and analytical skills to drive forward a best in class product. Product management at Lyft leads the integration of engineering, data science, and design to achieve the company’s vision for reinventing transportation. We are looking for entrepreneurial and passionate Product Managers to innovate and execute across a rapidly growing, fast paced company and industry from our San Francisco headquarters.
The Rider App team is responsible for the Lyft consumer app you know and love (we hope!). This team spans the entire consumer journey across the request and purchase flows, search, pickups and drop offs, the post-match experience, and the in-trip experience. Within this team we’re hiring for the PM lead for one of the most critical areas of the Rider App - the request flow, beginning after the rider enters a destination. This is where Lyft surfaces all of its offerings and is a critical area we see tremendous potential to evolve Lyft to become the preferred transportation app that effectively brings together all Lyft modes across Rideshare, Autonomous, Rentals and Bikes and Scooters. The right PM for this role will be deeply analytical and comfortable with ML systems, have an enormous amount of user empathy, and be extremely effective at partnering across Lyft to deliver a request flow experience that represents our brand values, activates our lines of business and delights our users.
- Understand Lyft's strategic and competitive position. Set your team's goals and success metrics that align with Lyft's mission and drive maximum impact based on data analysis, market research and usability studies
- Set an incredibly ambitious vision that motivates and inspires your team, peers and leadership
- Deliver on this vision by setting your team's goals, success metrics and roadmap and collaborating extremely effectively across the company
- Completely own your team's products, existing or new, from ideation, through development, to experiment, launch, growth and maintenance, caring deeply about our users - including major user interface changes and machine learning models that power what we show in the interface
- Lead and align cross functional partners and teams: engineers, designers, analysts, marketers, business partners and operations to drive a shared vision
- The most important stakeholder is the user! Beyond them, this role is highly visible and will require a close working partnership with our Revenue Ops teams, product teams from all Lyft lines of business, and frequent interactions with senior leadership from across the company.
- Communicate clearly roadmaps, priorities, experiments and decisions across a wide spectrum of audiences from partner teams to executive levels
- 5+ years of experience in product management, product design or equivalent consultant experience with significant time spent leading consumer mobile apps and ideally some time spent on machine learning recommender systems
- An academic background in Computer Science or related engineering discipline is ideal but not required
- Passion for Lyft and what we are trying to achieve in sustainable urban transportation
- Natural ability to make things happen around you. You manage project ambiguity, complexity and interdependencies in an organized and structured way. Be able to define and analyze metrics that inform the success of products
- Excellent judgment and thoughtfulness about the dynamics of a product ecosystem
- Strong communication skills and intuition for communication strategy at every level -- within teams, within the company, to users, to press, and other audiences
- Experience leading post-launch optimizations including developing testing strategies
- Ability to conceptualize, manage and prioritize multiple projects for stakeholders
- Detail orientated with superior organizational skills -- balancing multiple projects, deadlines, and requests should be second nature to you
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Until further notice, Lyft employees working in the United States and Canada in any capacity (on a daily or hybrid schedule or as a visitor) are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19. Employees are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after completion of the entire recommended series of vaccination (usually one or two doses) with a vaccine authorized to prevent COVID-19 by the federal Food and Drug Administration (FDA), including by way of an emergency use authorization. Lyft will maintain records associated with your vaccination history in a way that is compliant with all relevant Federal, state and local laws. Exceptions to this requirement are employees who require religious or medical exemption as approved through Lyft's accommodations process.
Wherever you’re headed, count on Lyft for rides in minutes. The Lyft app matches you with local drivers at the tap of a button. Just request and go.
Ride by ride, we’re changing the way our world works.
Want to learn more about Lyft? Visit Lyft's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.